did they extend the deluxe digital promotion?

#11gotspork(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 8:44:22 PM
it essentially means 10% off all wii u eshop purchases
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#12zergslayer69Posted 12/21/2013 10:01:32 PM(edited)
So wait, if I understand correctly, every single eshop purchase (on wiiu) no matter the price or first party titles is 10% off until 2014? Considering I don't need to pay tax to buy games online, that's a pretty nice deal if you're buying a brand new title when it comes out (smash and mario kart).

Edit: The dumb thing is you get 599 points for retail games, and 5 bucks is 500 points, so you're ALWAYS a handful of points away. -_____-
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#13gotspork(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 4:23:44 PM
just so you know, you actually do have to pay tax on online purchase in almost all places, at least in the us.

if you have a sales tax in your area, and an online store doesn't charge it, you are supposed to calculate it yourself and pay it as "use tax" (some states have a form you can fill out to calculate it for you). if you don't pay it, it is technically tax fraud.

just search your state's tax website.

it is probably the same in other countries, too.

this is why I wish companies would just start charging the tax, instead of passing the responsibility off to me. in my state I have to fill out a use tax form every 3 months. it's a pain, and few people even know we are supposed to be doing it.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite