NES Remix, Emperors New Clothes.

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 12/21/2013 5:36:59 AM
Must admit, I think it really is a mediocre (at best) game.

No retry on a game of this nature is just moronic, why must I constantly sit through a menu screen giving me stickers for Miiverse, (a feature I'll never use and also something that could be done in the background where upon finishing the level it could show you everything you've accumulated in 1 go) to then be taken back to the menu to then reload to have another go at getting the 3 star rating?

The timer is broken, quite badly. Probably because get 3 timers it seems, but the important one is invisible.

You get the level timer on the game in question (when applicable) and a timer to the right, however the clear time is always different to what you actually did it in.

How, on a Super Mario level with a 120 timer, can I beat it with 74 left on the clock but get a clear time of 19 seconds? In what universe of mathematics does that calculate?

I especially fail to understand how on a Mario Bros. Level, finishing with less than half a second nets you a 3 star rating on 1 level, but on others... Not so much.

Also, maybe it's a 60hz thing, but every game feels off. It's taking me ages to get to grips with games I've been playing for 24 years (in some cases), the only other times I've experienced this, is when playing 60hz versions of SNES games when I'm used to the 50hz versions.

All in all, the only time I'm ever having any fun is in the remix stages, everything else is boring me to tears (Opinion) and it's not helped by how broken and how user unfriendly it is.

TLDR COOL STORY BRO ETC...
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#2T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/21/2013 5:50:43 AM
FYI The timer in SMB never was in seconds. It's more or less 10 in-game for 4 real life seconds.

So...
19 seconds - 4
X - 10

190/4 = 47.5

120 - 47-5 = 72.5

As you can see, it's pretty close to what you got.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#3JackalPosted 12/21/2013 6:03:44 AM
You can't criticize Nintendo and get away with it, TC. They won't stand for it around here. Fall in line Cadet! :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#4arvilinoPosted 12/21/2013 6:13:24 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

No retry on a game of this nature is just moronic

Well that's because it has one, pause the game and select restart.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#5Maverick_ReznorPosted 12/21/2013 7:11:24 AM
arvilino posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

No retry on a game of this nature is just moronic

ya TC is probably just trolling and hasn't even played the game
---
Currently Playing : YS: Memories of Celceta, Ryse, and MH3U
Looking Forward To: Destiny, DKC:TF, MK8, I:SS, and The Order 1886
#6EndgamePosted 12/21/2013 9:16:04 AM

he's complaining about not being able to retry the stage right away after completing it and failing to get a 3 Star ranking, since the game makes him sit through pointless bull**** if he does complete it, and he has no way of knowing whether or not he failed UNTIL he completes the stage due to inconsistent 3 Star rank requirements

his complaint is valid
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#7arvilinoPosted 12/21/2013 10:04:32 AM(edited)
Endgame posted...

he's complaining about not being able to retry the stage right away after completing it and failing to get a 3 Star ranking, since the game makes him sit through pointless bull**** if he does complete it, and he has no way of knowing whether or not he failed UNTIL he completes the stage due to inconsistent 3 Star rank requirements

his complaint is valid

Each stage is complete even if you get a single star. Even if he didn't get 3 stars he could always restart the stage until he's happy with his run through it, plus if you're replaying a stage a 2nd time it's like 3 seconds from receiving the score to being back to the menu with the challenge you just played selected.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#8shaunmePosted 12/21/2013 9:56:11 AM
Trolling

Sonyfanboy

Nintendo hater

Waaaaaaaaaaahh
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#9gotsporkPosted 12/21/2013 10:02:43 AM
with the 50hz thing... did all games run really slow in europe back in the day? I know sonic did... because it wasn't like 30hz vs. 60hz today.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#10DroneHunterPosted 12/21/2013 10:25:56 AM
shaunme posted...
Trolling

Sonyfanboy

Nintendo hater

Waaaaaaaaaaahh

It's funny how no one said that, troll.
---
Wii u board: where being a nintendrone is illegal.