Why didn't Nintendo reveal the Zelda Warriors game at the VGX??

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 12/21/2013 7:48:35 AM
Instead of dat Cranky Kong troll move?

Blast the lame VGX show all you want but I guarantee you more people tune into that then some obscure Nintendo Direct announcement. I bet the majority of people out there have no idea this new Zelda game is in the works still or exists

BUT DAT CRANKY KONG THO'!
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2HeroC114Posted 12/21/2013 8:02:29 AM
Word will spread regardless. I agree with you though.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#3xHOJUxPosted 12/21/2013 8:04:15 AM
Yeah, the announcement would have made more sense for the target audience than Cranky Kong.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#4GEKGanonPosted 12/21/2013 8:05:21 AM
If there was anything they should have showed at VGX, it would have been new Bayonetta 2 footage or something.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 12/21/2013 8:06:16 AM
It wouldn't have been a good choice honestly. The game is far and away from the quality of games showed at the VGX. It just looked so unpolished given its current build that putting it up against even the indie trailers would have just made it look terrible.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#6EoinPosted 12/21/2013 8:27:29 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
It wouldn't have been a good choice honestly. The game is far and away from the quality of games showed at the VGX. It just looked so unpolished given its current build that putting it up against even the indie trailers would have just made it look terrible.

They didn't have to show the trailer or even specifically announce the game. Just Reggie doing the Cranky Kong reveal and then saying "We are also delighted to announce that as well as our own Zelda game for Wii U, we are partnering with a major third-party to release a Wii U-exclusive game based in the Zelda universe in 2014 - we'll have more details on that, and a first glance, in an upcoming Nintendo Direct".

That gives them all the benefit of the Cranky reveal (approximately zero), teases Hyrule Warriors without giving away what it is, teases the new Nintendo Direct in front of an audience that in large parts might not have heard of Nintendo Direct, and acts as a reminder that there's a new Zelda game on the way as well.
#7Paladin_OmegaPosted 12/21/2013 8:29:21 AM
People underestimate the popularity of DKC games, they really do.
#8eyeofcorePosted 12/21/2013 8:33:34 AM
VGX was only watched by 1 million people world wide, all regional combined Nintendo's Direct's regularly have 2 to 3 million people... lol
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#9guedesbrawlPosted 12/21/2013 8:51:13 AM
cause they already had cranky planned for a while.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 12/21/2013 8:53:50 AM
Eoin posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

They didn't have to show the trailer or even specifically announce the game. Just Reggie doing the Cranky Kong reveal and then saying "We are also delighted to announce that as well as our own Zelda game for Wii U, we are partnering with a major third-party to release a Wii U-exclusive game based in the Zelda universe in 2014 - we'll have more details on that, and a first glance, in an upcoming Nintendo Direct".

That gives them all the benefit of the Cranky reveal (approximately zero), teases Hyrule Warriors without giving away what it is, teases the new Nintendo Direct in front of an audience that in large parts might not have heard of Nintendo Direct, and acts as a reminder that there's a new Zelda game on the way as well.

That would have been better for the VGX presentation, but I imagine the hype by the dedicated Nintendo fans would have run rampant with the wild possibilities at such a game, only to be dashed upon the rocks when it was revealed it was a DW game.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus