Why didn't Nintendo reveal the Zelda Warriors game at the VGX??

#11Jami393Posted 12/21/2013 7:56:27 AM
Because of them using Nintendo Direct, which is just their own thing to show everything what's upcoming with Nintendo whether it's on the 3DS or the Wii U. They'll still show stuff at things like VGX, but Nintendo have their own way of doing it.
#12b1gt0nePosted 12/21/2013 8:12:07 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Eoin posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
It wouldn't have been a good choice honestly. The game is far and away from the quality of games showed at the VGX. It just looked so unpolished given its current build that putting it up against even the indie trailers would have just made it look terrible.

They didn't have to show the trailer or even specifically announce the game. Just Reggie doing the Cranky Kong reveal and then saying "We are also delighted to announce that as well as our own Zelda game for Wii U, we are partnering with a major third-party to release a Wii U-exclusive game based in the Zelda universe in 2014 - we'll have more details on that, and a first glance, in an upcoming Nintendo Direct".

That gives them all the benefit of the Cranky reveal (approximately zero), teases Hyrule Warriors without giving away what it is, teases the new Nintendo Direct in front of an audience that in large parts might not have heard of Nintendo Direct, and acts as a reminder that there's a new Zelda game on the way as well.

That would have been better for the VGX presentation, but I imagine the hype by the dedicated Nintendo fans would have run rampant with the wild possibilities at such a game, only to be dashed upon the rocks when it was revealed it was a DW game.

There she is, as per usual...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk
#13HermeticJusticePosted 12/21/2013 8:27:20 AM
the Directs are for the hardcore Nintendo gamers

the commericials and marketing is for everyone else

watch in a couple months when this game gets more trailers and info the mainstream media is going to act like the game was just announced a day ago when we knew about it for months
#14SegavsCapcomPosted 12/21/2013 10:03:22 AM
Maybe the footage wasn't done yet.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#15CrystalKing5426Posted 12/21/2013 10:11:16 AM
Did you see VGX? Announcing the Zelda CDi games on VC would have been too good for it.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Pokemon X FC: 2191-7658-4003
#16Dr_KainPosted 12/21/2013 10:12:44 AM
Because the VGX are for 5th graders with ADD. They only want to show games that children are going to buy.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#17SegavsCapcomPosted 12/21/2013 10:14:25 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
Because the VGX are for 5th graders with ADD. They only want to show games that children are going to buy.

And kids wouldn't like Link slaying dozens of enemies at a time?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#18selfdeztructionPosted 12/22/2013 5:04:01 AM
Because VGX wasn't even worth the liquor that they paid the co-host with.

It was befitting of Cranky because he is a monkey, monkeys throw dung, VGX was a 3 hour long constipated and painful dungathon.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#19Dr_KainPosted 12/22/2013 10:23:54 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Dr_Kain posted...

And kids wouldn't like Link slaying dozens of enemies at a time?

Most kids don't want to play Mario or Zelda these days. They want to play GTA, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Assassin's Creed. Or Minecraft.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.