You know what's wrong with Twilight Princess!?

#1Leon_HisaragiPosted 12/21/2013 8:26:26 AM
It takes 5 heart pieces to make a new heart.

Nintendo, Wtf bro?
---
"The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying Ringo. I'm trying real, hard, to be the shepherd."
#2SychinLegacyPosted 12/21/2013 8:47:30 AM
I agree I wasn't happy with that change.
#3guedesbrawlPosted 12/21/2013 9:33:39 AM
what, you are complaining the game has MORE useful content? Why?!

TP in particular only had 7 bosses, so that's even MORE things to collect.

Then we get games like ooT and ALttp which have 10 bosses and only a few pieces to collect... and games like MM and Mc which have 4 or 5 temples and lots of content.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#4gotsporkPosted 12/21/2013 9:36:52 AM
I would rather have more bosses, and thus more levels, than more places to dig up plants for heart pieces.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#5sparkingconduitPosted 12/21/2013 9:45:21 AM
guedesbrawl posted...

Then we get games like ooT and ALttp which have 10 bosses and only a few pieces to collect... and games like MM and Mc which have 4 or 5 temples and lots of content.

Useful content or useless content? More heart pieces doesn't mean the game is better in any way, it just means you have to spend more time faffing about trying to find them instead of completing the main quest for an extremely marginal benefit.
#6KenauePosted 12/21/2013 9:49:37 AM
Was it the crappy Wii controls? I bet it was.... It's not? Well the Wii version still had crappy controls.
---
Now Playing: SM3DW; LoZ:WWHD; ACIV
PSN: Lord_CBH / NNID: Kenaue
#7guedesbrawlPosted 12/21/2013 10:35:23 AM
sparkingconduit posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

Useful content or useless content? More heart pieces doesn't mean the game is better in any way, it just means you have to spend more time faffing about trying to find them instead of completing the main quest for an extremely marginal benefit.

you mean more time exploring the fields or the towns for things to do? yeah, very useless.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#8nonexistingheroPosted 12/21/2013 11:14:16 AM
5 heartpieces wasn't the problem. The problem was that every dungeon had 2 heart pieces hidden in them while in other Zelda games there were no heart pieces to be found in any dungeons (although sometimes 1-2 can be gotten by going outside through a dungeon). Basically, this means TP had less sidequests with heart pieces as a reward. I thought TP was rather low on sidequests after OoT, MM and WW had a crapload of them... that was the biggest disappointment of the game, IMO.

Sadly, Skyward Sword has even less sidequests and most of them are horrid. It's pretty sad how Nintendo seems to take away more and more of the exploration aspect with each new console game since TP. I hope this trend doesn't continue.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9Swan3624Posted 12/21/2013 11:15:50 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
5 heartpieces wasn't the problem. The problem was that every dungeon had 2 heart pieces hidden in them while in other Zelda games there were no heart pieces to be found in any dungeons (although sometimes 1-2 can be gotten by going outside through a dungeon). Basically, this means TP had less sidequests with heart pieces as a reward. I thought TP was rather low on sidequests after OoT, MM and WW had a crapload of them... that was the biggest disappointment of the game, IMO.

I actually like the sound of heartpieces being hidden in dungeons. That sounds cool to me.
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#10YoyokuKOPosted 12/21/2013 11:16:42 AM
the problem is you people