I have a feeling that we are only getting one true Zelda game this gen

#1slymshadyPosted 12/21/2013 8:55:11 AM
Since the N64 era, we have gotten 2 Zelda titles per console.

N64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask lol

Gamecube
Windwaker
Twilight Princess

Wii
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

I think we are going to get one true Zelda game (not Hyrule Warriors lol) and of course Wind Waker HD.
#2TalesRevenantPosted 12/21/2013 9:00:15 AM(edited)
You're probably right.

Though same could be said about Wii. Twilight Princess is a GameCube game.

Zelda U is probably not coming out until 2015.
---
Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Saga Frontier
#3Tortus2Posted 12/21/2013 9:07:38 AM
Although you're probably right, TC, why did you "lol" at Majora's Mask? I personally thought that was a great game and it's still my favourite 3D Zelda.

Also, since Twilight Princess came out twice (at the same time) I wouldn't count that as two separate Zelda games. The Wii version was just the same as the GameCube one but with Hyrule Field reversed and with motion controls.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 12/21/2013 9:10:09 AM
Probably just one. I have a feeling Nintendo's inexperience with HD and the increased budget cost of HD games is going to directly clash with their philosophy of developing games on the cheap that still end up amazing. Now that the bar has been raised and the budget is higher, I think it's going to lead overall fewer larger projects. I'd hope for two games, but I'm realistically only expecting one Zelda and one 3D single player Mario on the console.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#5amadeofan1Posted 12/21/2013 9:10:44 AM
Tortus2 posted...
Although you're probably right, TC, why did you "lol" at Majora's Mask? I personally thought that was a great game and it's still my favourite 3D Zelda.

Also, since Twilight Princess came out twice (at the same time) I wouldn't count that as two separate Zelda games. The Wii version was just the same as the GameCube one but with Hyrule Field reversed and with motion controls.

Probably loled MM for being an expansion pack of OoT as opposed to being completely unique.
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#6slymshady(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 9:10:51 AM
Tortus2 posted...

I would count Twilight Princess twice as it was technically 2 releases. If someone asks how many Zelda games are on the wii, its 2.

As for Majora's Mask, I felt it was weak. The whole time limit thing really killed the experience for me. After playing Skyward Sword it was tough to go back and revisit.

I hope the next installment is like Skyward Sword or a over the top one like a Link Between World. Would love a port of A Link Between World in addition to a 3D zelda. Best case scenario in my opinion
#7Tortus2Posted 12/21/2013 9:16:52 AM
slymshady posted...
Tortus2 posted...

I would count Twilight Princess twice as it was technically 2 releases. If someone asks how many Zelda games are on the wii, its 2.

As for Majora's Mask, I felt it was weak. The whole time limit thing really killed the experience for me. After playing Skyward Sword it was tough to go back and revisit.

I hope the next installment is like Skyward Sword or a over the top one like a Link Between World. Would love a port of A Link Between World in addition to a 3D zelda. Best case scenario in my opinion

But then, wouldn't that mean Wind Waker HD would have to count, too?

I can agree that Skyward Sword was a great game, but I still like Majora's Mask more. It just looked like you were implying that Majora's Mask wasn't a true Zelda game.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#8metalmariolordPosted 12/21/2013 9:19:53 AM
amadeofan1 posted...
Tortus2 posted...

Probably loled MM for being an expansion pack of OoT as opposed to being completely unique.

IT's completely unique, it just have the same graphix.
By your logic, Uncharted and Last of Us are almost expansion packs of their predecessor
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#9xHOJUxPosted 12/21/2013 9:20:00 AM
Counting Twilight Princess as GC and Wii is ridiculous. It's the same exact game just mirror imaged. Like the poster above said, if you count that for the Wii, than WW HD counts for Wii U and your argument is invalid either way.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#10gotsporkPosted 12/21/2013 9:21:37 AM
yeah if twilight counts twice, where the 'upgrade' was minimal, then windwaker hd should count twice, since the upgrade is even more.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite