I have a feeling that we are only getting one true Zelda game this gen

#21slymshady(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 10:40:34 AM
gotspork posted...
I don't think nintendo has ever made a home console version of any handheld game

Ya, not a straight port, but a sequel I should say. NSMB and SM3D Land started off as handheld titles and Nintendo made home console versions as they sold very well. That is what I am hoping for with ALBW
#22Frozenx07Posted 12/21/2013 10:45:05 AM
Yeah, aside from Hyrule Warriors, I only see one other Zelda being released on the Wii U. But who know? Even though the Wii U isn't doing very well right now, it might have a long cycle, so we could get another one toward the end of its life that would get ported to the next console, like Twilight Princess.
#23amadeofan1Posted 12/21/2013 11:13:58 AM
metalmariolord posted...
amadeofan1 posted...
Tortus2 posted...
Although you're probably right, TC, why did you "lol" at Majora's Mask? I personally thought that was a great game and it's still my favourite 3D Zelda.

Also, since Twilight Princess came out twice (at the same time) I wouldn't count that as two separate Zelda games. The Wii version was just the same as the GameCube one but with Hyrule Field reversed and with motion controls.

Probably loled MM for being an expansion pack of OoT as opposed to being completely unique.

IT's completely unique, it just have the same graphix.
By your logic, Uncharted and Last of Us are almost expansion packs of their predecessor

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/870848/uncharted3drakesface.jpg

Yea buddy, you got me! Totally the exact same assets.
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#24Dr_KainPosted 12/21/2013 11:16:33 AM
To be honest, that is okay with me. The Wii showed me why having too much Mario is a bad thing. We had 64 on the N64, World on the SNES, and Sunshine on the GC. With the Wii though, we had three and then a ton of DS games to the point that the market has been saturated in Mario. They just don't have the same charm they did 6 years ago. Mario 3D World is easily the best Mario game since Mario World.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#25Starwars4JPosted 12/21/2013 11:24:24 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
To be honest, that is okay with me. The Wii showed me why having too much Mario is a bad thing. We had 64 on the N64, World on the SNES, and Sunshine on the GC. With the Wii though, we had three and then a ton of DS games to the point that the market has been saturated in Mario. They just don't have the same charm they did 6 years ago. Mario 3D World is easily the best Mario game since Mario World.

You can't mix 3D and 2D games. We had 2 2D games on the NES, 2 2D games on the SNES, 1 3D game on the N64, 1 3D game on the Gamecube, 2 3D games and 1 2D game on the Wii, 1 2D and 1 3D game on the Wii U. It's completely in line with what they've done before.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#26GodofLazinessPosted 12/21/2013 11:42:00 AM
amadeofan1 posted...
Tortus2 posted...
Although you're probably right, TC, why did you "lol" at Majora's Mask? I personally thought that was a great game and it's still my favourite 3D Zelda.

Also, since Twilight Princess came out twice (at the same time) I wouldn't count that as two separate Zelda games. The Wii version was just the same as the GameCube one but with Hyrule Field reversed and with motion controls.

Probably loled MM for being an expansion pack of OoT as opposed to being completely unique.

How is it not unique? 3 day time system, masks that can completely transform you and a world that feel alive? That's not unique? I'm afraid to know what games you think are unique.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#27amadeofan1Posted 12/21/2013 11:56:03 AM
GodofLaziness posted...
amadeofan1 posted...
Tortus2 posted...

How is it not unique? 3 day time system, masks that can completely transform you and a world that feel alive? That's not unique? I'm afraid to know what games you think are unique.

They took an existing game and added a new mechanic. Calling MM unique is like calling the SMW romhacks where you can't stop unique games.

Don't get me wrong. MM is good, but it is nothing more than very elaborate DLC before DLC.
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#28DBPanterAPosted 12/21/2013 2:48:28 PM
slymshady posted...
gotspork posted...
so we are getting 2 true zelda games this gen.

unlike what your topic title says.

That my friend is where you are right, I goofed on the title, should have put 2, and not 1. Goof on my behalf.

As a previous poster said we did get a Link Between World, which looks great, but I cannot justify buying a handheld to play it. I hope it follow suits like other DS titles and gets a HD version on the wii u

You can buy the Zelda 3DS XL at Target today for $135.

List of Zelda games available to play on the 3DS: Legend of Zelda, Adventure's of Link, Link's Awakening, The Oracle Games, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Link Between Worlds. That's 10. 3DS = Zelda Machine. It should have Link to the Past but Nintendo is still a little behind in the digital age.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#29slymshady(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 3:19:01 PM
DBPanterA posted...
slymshady posted...
gotspork posted...
so we are getting 2 true zelda games this gen.

unlike what your topic title says.

That my friend is where you are right, I goofed on the title, should have put 2, and not 1. Goof on my behalf.

As a previous poster said we did get a Link Between World, which looks great, but I cannot justify buying a handheld to play it. I hope it follow suits like other DS titles and gets a HD version on the wii u

You can buy the Zelda 3DS XL at Target today for $135.

List of Zelda games available to play on the 3DS: Legend of Zelda, Adventure's of Link, Link's Awakening, The Oracle Games, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Link Between Worlds. That's 10. 3DS = Zelda Machine. It should have Link to the Past but Nintendo is still a little behind in the digital age.

Ocarina of time but the downside is playing it in a handheld
#30The_shoemakerPosted 12/21/2013 3:20:41 PM
I don't think Twilight is a true Wii Zelda game. More like a port, even if it came out first. Either way one of them can't be considered a true one.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro