Rechargeable Batteries?

#1spirallikePosted 12/23/2013 9:18:07 AM
Should I get some? What kind are best? Can I play as they recharge?

Thank you!
#2Aaron44126Posted 12/23/2013 9:33:36 AM
For what, the Wii remotes? Usually you have to set them in a cradle so you can't play while they recharge. Just put them there when you are done playing and they'll always have enough charge.

(I have the Energizer inductive charging thing and it's worked great for me. Some people complain that it stops charging, and sometimes I find that mine doesn't want to start charging, but if I tip the remote up a little it will "connect" and start the charge.)

All of the other controllers have a built-in rechargeable battery which you can charge while playing.
#3zergslayer69Posted 12/23/2013 9:34:06 AM
Eneloops easily hands down for AA or AAA batteries. Can grab them at costco or amazon. And no, you can't play as you charge these batteries, since you have to take them out of the controller to charge. Or you can grab the official nintendo battery charger with dock but that's a much more pricey route.
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#4spirallike(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 9:58:31 AM
To charge the Wiimotes and gamepad. Eneloops sounds good. Are they just ordinary batteries? I would like to have extras so there are always some ready.

Thanks for the info! I'll search them!
#5selfdeztructionPosted 12/24/2013 2:28:32 AM
zergslayer69 posted...
Eneloops easily hands down for AA or AAA batteries. Can grab them at costco or amazon. And no, you can't play as you charge these batteries, since you have to take them out of the controller to charge. Or you can grab the official nintendo battery charger with dock but that's a much more pricey route.

^ THIS USER SPEAKS THE TRUTH OF EPICNESS!!

I bought 8 packs (x4 of AAA, X4 of AAA) of those suckers when I worked at Circuit City 5 years ago AND THEY ARE STILL LIKE NEW!!

They have outlasted 2 packs of energizers.

Eneloop batteries are made by Sanyo & GE (not an unknown like the Eneloop name sounds) and are a Lithium & Alkaline mix that stays 80% charged when stored for a year.

They are also the only rechargeable battery that you can use right out of the package.

Adding a solar charger for these is an awesome way to have a free power source.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#6selfdeztructionPosted 12/24/2013 2:31:45 AM
spirallike posted...
To charge the Wiimotes and gamepad. Eneloops sounds good. Are they just ordinary batteries? I would like to have extras so there are always some ready.

Thanks for the info! I'll search them!

The gamepad uses a built in 1500mAh lithium battery that lasts for 3 hours on a full charge.

You can buy a AA powered usb charger ($8) and a usb charge cable ($4) for the gamepad) and extend the battery that way.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer