Digital Foundry comparisons between PS4 and PC prove Wii U is next gen

#11steveboblarryPosted 12/23/2013 8:12:41 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Wow the disillusionment on this board astounds me

I know. So many people saying Wii U is dead clearly are living under a rock.

I would say its on life support but not dead, It could pull a rocky balboa
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#12BjornAgainstPosted 12/23/2013 8:48:18 PM
The Need for Speed series is held back on PC to run similar to how it does on consoles, that just means the PC version is not allowed to reach its full potential not that the consoles are just as powerful as PCs. The undeniable facts are that high end PCs are the most powerful gaming machines, the PS4 is the most powerful console and the Wii U is the least powerful console in the new generation.
#13kdognumba1Posted 12/23/2013 9:07:41 PM
Just watched both the videos, not bad at all.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#14NintendoXGamesPosted 12/23/2013 9:08:51 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Wow the disillusionment on this board astounds me

jimmies = rustled
#15darkjedilinkPosted 12/24/2013 11:47:02 AM
Kenaue posted...
So... You're saying a game released last year looks as good as a game released this year.....

No, he isn't. He's saying a game released last year on Wii U looks about as good as its PC counterpart, while a game released this year on PS4 ALSO looks about as good as its PC counterpart, thereby meaning their separation from PC's is about the same.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#16TalesRevenantPosted 12/24/2013 11:59:11 AM(edited)
It's obviously next gen, or rather current gen (PS4/X1/Wii U). Can't believe people think other wise.

However, graphically it's definitely not next gen.

I can tell you straight up, almost all the PS4 games I've seen coming in the future destroy anything I've seen the PS3/360 or Wii U can do.

Fanboys will be in denial and claim other wise, but truth be told, the Wii U can't possibly handle the true next gen games, which we will be seeing within next year to 2015, unless there's a severely lower resolution version.

Graphics aren't important but if you want to go that route, then every upcoming PS4 game looks like a winner.

Infamous
Uncharted
The Order: 1886
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts

Sucks to be a Nintendo fanboy, but I have a PS4/Wii U so I win.
---
Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Saga Frontier
#1721_21Posted 12/24/2013 12:03:34 PM
Final Fantasy XV alone convinced me that the WiiU isn't next gen while the PS 4 is.
---
Playing: Ys: Memories of Celceta, Paper Mario, Professor Layton and the Curious Village
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#18The_Shadow_LinkPosted 12/24/2013 12:30:57 PM
Yes, this information is clearly final based on one video game and one video game alone.

Shall we have a look at what some of the Xbox 360 Titles looked like at launch? Because they certainly looked like PS2 Era stuff back then as well.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~