I hate it when people say Nintendo doesn't make realistic games

#1VideogamegalaxyPosted 12/23/2013 7:00:24 PM
Star Fox is realistic because of the way the story is presented. People betray others, people age, people die. Star Fox characters are basically humans with animal heads.

Metroid is realistic because it's basically Alien the Game

Fire Emblem is a realistic portrayal of medieval times

F-Zero is realistic because it has gambling, beer, and gangs.

Zelda is realistic because of how the story is laid out, like with Star Fox

These series may have some fantasy elements, but are just as realistic as Halo and Metal Gear (which also have fantasy elements).
#2TheLazyClownPosted 12/23/2013 7:09:31 PM
I'm very sure when they say realistic, they meant the art style of their games. As in it looks like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Halo, etc. Metroid is probably the only Nintendo game with realistic artstyle.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#3NeoSamuelPosted 12/23/2013 7:20:07 PM
Since when have games been realistic?
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!
#4DiscostewSMPosted 12/23/2013 7:25:30 PM
NeoSamuel posted...
Since when have games been realistic?

Since dudebros said so.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/23/2013 7:30:01 PM
Your first sentence makes this entire topic a joke. The same can be said for many games across many platforms for the past 20-30 years.
#6bartz90Posted 12/23/2013 7:33:07 PM
Videogamegalaxy posted...
Star Fox is realistic because of the way the story is presented. People betray others, people age, people die. Star Fox characters are basically humans with animal heads.

Metroid is realistic because it's basically Alien the Game

Fire Emblem is a realistic portrayal of medieval times

F-Zero is realistic because it has gambling, beer, and gangs.

Zelda is realistic because of how the story is laid out, like with Star Fox

These series may have some fantasy elements, but are just as realistic as Halo and Metal Gear (which also have fantasy elements).

That hurt me deeply and made me laugh at the same time. But as has been said, realistic refers more to art style and usually less fantastical elements. Not more adult like themes or situations.
---
-
#7Hirokey123Posted 12/23/2013 7:35:37 PM
I always figured staying away from realism was in part due to the fact 2 of the 3 big guys focus on realism already and also because realism simply does not age well unless it's a painting.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#8bartz90Posted 12/23/2013 7:50:20 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
I always figured staying away from realism was in part due to the fact 2 of the 3 big guys focus on realism already and also because realism simply does not age well unless it's a painting.

That would be a bad reason. Maybe MS has a more realistic focus now but Sony never has a problem spreading focus around. Crash, Spyro, Croc, Jak, Ratchet, Sly, LBP, Modnation, Ape Escape, Medieval, Pupeteer, Knack, Tearaway, Little Deviants, Gravity Rush, Locoroco, Patapon and on.

Not that MS hasn't tried either (like they tried with JRPGS early on) with Viva Pinata, rereleass of Banjo, getting Nuts and Bolts out, Kameo, Blue Dragon, Blinx on Xbox, Fable, and more I'm sure I don't remember.
---
-
#9chillvPosted 12/23/2013 8:03:56 PM(edited)
You forgot to mention Pikmin. Pikmin may have a little Sci-Fi in it, but you can say that game isn't realistic.

Also, it's graphics are too, especially Pikmin 3. Heck, Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3 have real world objects in them.
#10userfrigginamePosted 12/23/2013 8:12:30 PM
I hate it when ppl want software on Nintendo that's just like the software on the other two consoles.