New too WiiU

#1gamerkid256Posted 12/26/2013 8:48:42 AM
Alright, so I will be getting my WiiU on Sunday! :D I dont know the Virtual Console quite works on it though. I have a ton of games on my Wii that I've bought via the Wii Shop Channel.
So here are my two questions,

-Can you download games that you got on virtual console on the Wii?

-Does the WiiU have Gamecube games as its virtual console/What systems does the WiiU have?

Thanks! :D
---
I'm not changing ths sig until Rareware makes another Banjo-Kazooie game the same way it used to be, none of this vehicle trash!
Started- May 26th 2011
#2SpookyryuPosted 12/26/2013 8:52:29 AM
gamerkid256 posted...
Alright, so I will be getting my WiiU on Sunday! :D I dont know the Virtual Console quite works on it though. I have a ton of games on my Wii that I've bought via the Wii Shop Channel.
So here are my two questions,

-Can you download games that you got on virtual console on the Wii?

-Does the WiiU have Gamecube games as its virtual console/What systems does the WiiU have?

Thanks! :D

you cannot re-download it, you have to transfer to the WII mode, there is a channel that you have to download in order to transfer it to the WII mode

and at this moment there are not Gamecube games in the virtual console, it only have NES and SNES in WII U mode, on WII mode you have the games you download on WII Shop Channel
#3gamerkid256(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 8:54:03 AM
Is there anything bad about Wii Mode?? and, So I'll still be able to play all my old virtual console then, right? Just in Wii Mode?
---
I'm not changing ths sig until Rareware makes another Banjo-Kazooie game the same way it used to be, none of this vehicle trash!
Started- May 26th 2011
#4Dannyson97Posted 12/26/2013 8:57:06 AM
gamerkid256 posted...
Is there anything bad about Wii Mode?? and, So I'll still be able to play all my old virtual console then, right? Just in Wii Mode?

No at the moment everything the Wii can do the Wii Mode can do aside from playing GameCube games. Even the Wii's E-shop still works so you can get games off it.
---
The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast.