Is Sonic Lost World fun?

#1helvetiakingPosted 12/26/2013 12:56:56 PM
I have heard that it got bad reviews but I was wondering if its really that bad. Sonic is one of my favorite game characters of all time and this game looks really fun in my opinion. I just want to know because I have some money saved up and was going to go buy this tomorrow.

Thanks!
---
"There is no greater victory than to fall from this world a free man."
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 12/26/2013 12:58:36 PM
I didn't like it. I've played to completion every Sonic game I've picked up (and the only one I haven't played at all is 2k6), and honestly, Lost World was the first one that I just couldn't be bothered to finish. Some of the others are probably worse than Lost World, but I never lost the motivation to continue on like I did with Lost World. I just don't think it's very fun for various reasons when it comes down to it, but it's objectively better built than some of the other titles.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#3Hirokey123Posted 12/26/2013 12:59:30 PM
It's quite a fun game even though some of the red rings are hellish, and the game itself doesn't have many real inherent flaws. The problem is it doesn't feel like a sonic game if this was a new IP that would have been a better fit, but when you go into a sonic game you expect things like momentum physics and speed platforming and a lot of the time that's not what you get.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#4Dannyson97Posted 12/26/2013 1:03:15 PM
It's a fun Sonic game, not the best Sonic game but still not bad.
---
The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast.
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 12/26/2013 1:09:11 PM
Dannyson97 posted...

This.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#6Lemmywinks13Posted 12/26/2013 1:39:31 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Dannyson97 posted...

This.

I heard it got a patch that fixed some of it's issues. I got it for Christmas so I hope I like it. Plus it has Yoshi levels and soon to have Zelda levels. Free dlc. That should be cool.
#7The Wheelman1Posted 12/26/2013 2:13:06 PM
Like Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Lost World has mixed reviews.

I liked it, but it reeks of experiments. Could potentially be good with some fine-tuning.
---
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 12/26/2013 2:13:46 PM
It's Sonic, so naturally its pretty crap.
#9EmbersOfElderPosted 12/26/2013 2:14:07 PM
It's not that great honestly. People saying its good for a Sonic game is like saying its good for an Adam Sandler movie.
#10TheIastspartanPosted 12/26/2013 2:24:37 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
It's Sonic, so naturally its pretty crap.

Generations and Colors say hi.

But yeah, Lost World is meh. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but I don't see myself ever coming back to it or getting all those goddamn red rings.