How long is Twilight Princess and what should I expect?

#1HerrxPosted 12/27/2013 9:20:44 AM
I am considering beginning Twilight Princess and have two questions. What can I expect from the game and how long is it?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2kingdddPosted 12/27/2013 9:22:35 AM
a pretty lengthy adventure.30 hours for first playthrough main quest only. 40 to 60 for 100% completion.
---
"Seeing is only just an impression, playing is believing." -Nintendo
#3super_luigi16Posted 12/27/2013 9:23:30 AM
Uneven pacing, uneven difficulty, great atmospherics, engaging story, normal Zelda combat, about thirty hours iirc.

Overall, it's about a 8/10 for me. It's a good Zelda, but it doesn't compare to some of the other games that have been executed better.
---
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | ACNL FAQ/Walkthrough | Pokemon XY FAQ/Walkthrough
#4abbyhitterPosted 12/27/2013 9:28:01 AM
Prepare for the best Zelda game you've ever played.

The bosses don't do enough damage to you when they hit (may come off as too easy).

The dungeons are top-notch.

The graphics and art style are amazing.

Be prepared to be blown away.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 12/27/2013 9:40:43 AM
30-something hours, it's the second-longest 3D Zelda (after Skyward Sword). It's also the only Zelda I really don't care for, but it's still a great game. I find it too much of a retread of Ocarina of Time in both atmosphere and mechanics while losing most of its charm, and I think the wolf transformation/Twilight Realm/tears of light mechanic is uninteresting and too drawn-out. I don't find the artystyle and graphics "amazing", in fact I think they're pretty drab and boring. Same for the soundtrack, save a few stand-outs. Finally, it's a very easy game combat-wise, just as easy as The Wind Waker. That said, the plot is neat (excluding one very wallbanging-inducing moment or two) and the dungeons are pretty dang great. Still an easy 8/10 from me, I just like every other Zelda game better.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6Herrx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 9:54:15 AM
Just another question. Does it have an abundance of fantastical creatures, that is fables creatures that only belongs in fables and fairy tales. I know it has a few like the hero spirit and also the light spirits(do they look cool), but outsides enemies does this game have many fantasy creatures. Because I really like fantasy and all it includes!
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 12/27/2013 9:56:41 AM
It has fairies and dragons, also ghosts, yetis, an imp... I'd say so. The light spirits look kinda weird, but I'd say they're cool.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8Hirokey123Posted 12/27/2013 10:03:36 AM(edited)
Er just wondering have you never played a Zelda game before? Because most everything you fight or interact with is fantasy creature of some sort, like to list out every fantasy creature both unique to Zelda and from actual real fantasy lore would be a really big list.

TP isn't really great for varied friendly races though, many other Zelda games do the varied fantasy races better in particular WW comes to mind. Not going to sugar coat it TP is a really rather meh Zelda game, has pacing issues, and it continues WW's trend of being obscenely easy most enemies are going to be scratching you at best.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#9Legend053180Posted 12/27/2013 10:17:17 AM
Well I really liked TP at the time. And while SS has it's problems, it's control was spot on and made it hard for me to go back to TP.
As for length, It's 30-40 hrs.
As for creatures, yes it's fantastical, but don't expect Lord of the Rings/Elder Scrolls high fantasy races. It's kind of its own thing.
#10nonexistingheroPosted 12/27/2013 10:18:08 AM
- Doing almost no sidequests: 25 hours.
- Doing a good amount of sidequests: 30-35 hours
- Doing all sidequests except for finishing Poe hunting: About 40 hours
- 100%: About 50-60 hours if you don't use a guide for the Poes. It's a horrible, tedious sidequest though. Use a damn guide for this.

- Nintendo's official statement: 50+ hours
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.