virtual console

#1mike2417Posted 12/28/2013 12:53:43 PM
alright so i just got a wii u, and the first thing i did and was excited to do was the virtual consoles. i mean, only 62 games? really? the wii u has been out for a year and it only has that many games and they are from waaay back in the day. when are they adding more if at all?
---
TOES!!!
#2stop3Posted 12/28/2013 12:56:22 PM
They add new things on thursdays at noon EST. Usually there's a new VC game or two, but not always.

You can also go into Wii mode and buy from a much wider selection of VC games from the Wii's own shop.
#3mike2417(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 1:01:24 PM
praise the lord. i have seen the light! yeah thanks for showing me that. i had no idea about that and thats amazing.
---
TOES!!!
#4Lupin the 4thPosted 12/28/2013 1:17:10 PM
In the meantime, why the heck have they not released LttP for the NA eshop yet?
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
3DS FC: 2793 0791 3739
#5Maxx_the_SlashPosted 12/28/2013 1:23:47 PM
mike2417 posted...
alright so i just got a wii u, and the first thing i did and was excited to do was the virtual consoles. i mean, only 62 games? really? the wii u has been out for a year and it only has that many games and they are from waaay back in the day. when are they adding more if at all?

I agree with you, the rate at which games are released is astonishingly embarrassing. It's going to take us 7 years to get all the same stuff the Wii got, and there's still tons of games they never got to. There's absolutely no reason for Nintendo to not be re-releasing all of the Wii's VC games at about 7 a week to catch up so that they can start focusing on games they never released at all, like the Soul Blazer trilogy or Mega Man X3.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 103/Sirius 206
AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh) | WiiU: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#6stop3Posted 12/28/2013 1:28:09 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
There's absolutely no reason for Nintendo to not be re-releasing all of the Wii's VC games at about 7 a week

Actually, there IS a reason. Nintendo knows that if the only release a couple at a time people will buy a lot more of each one they release.
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 12/28/2013 1:30:36 PM
stop3 posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
There's absolutely no reason for Nintendo to not be re-releasing all of the Wii's VC games at about 7 a week

Actually, there IS a reason. Nintendo knows that if the only release a couple at a time people will buy a lot more of each one they release.

Yet for some weeks they only release games that almost no one will buy.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#8stop3Posted 12/28/2013 1:32:52 PM
NovaLevossida posted...

I'm sure people buy them.
#9Puckswack12Posted 12/28/2013 1:42:39 PM
stop3 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

I'm sure people buy them.

That raises the question: "why are the few games they do release suck?"

Nintendo has soooooo many classics that are no where to be found on the eShop

And oh yea remember them saying we will get gba and gcn games? Cause I don't...
---
Yup
#10Nin3DSFanPosted 12/29/2013 1:21:46 PM
To 'add insult to injury' somewhat...

Japan got Super Mario Bros 3 on December 25th, and Europe got SMB3 on both Wii U and 3DS on December 26th.

What did the US get? OMG! Mario Tennis (GBC)? And what about Wii U? Wow! Super Punch-Out!!???

Is it me, or is Nintendo just pooping on America with their pathetic inexcusable "not only have they not even RELEASED Super Mario Bros 3, they haven't even announced a release DATE" attitude? It happens a lot, as far as I know. Most of the time, it's like Japan gets a VC title in December 2011, Europe gets that same one about October 2012, and US gets it about September 2013, if you're lucky. It's like Tales of Xillia 2. Japan's had it since what, 2012? And it's still "TBA 2014" for US. And not only do we not have Xillia 2, we've already had confirmation that a sequel is being made and will be released outside Japan, before it's predecessor (note the difference between a predecessor and a prequel) is even released. It's a bit like Nintendo confirming the development on "Mario Kart 9" before Mario Kart 8 is released.

The point is... with the VC, and Club Nintendo, it seems like Nintendo's attitude to Japan, Europe and the US is:

Japan: Welcome! Help yourself to our lovely selection of awesome items and stuff. We will treat you like Gods! We have a lovely selection of soundtracks.

Europe: You're OK, I guess. Here's a few things you might like. We also have the Super Mario Galaxy platinum version. Sure it's only one soundtrack, but it's one of the best soundtracks out there.

America: *sticks tongue out* You want awesome VC titles? Well tough!
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!