virtual console

#11CubeTVPosted 12/29/2013 1:02:10 PM(edited)
I'd be more than glad to re buy every single VC game on Wii U again that I used to own on the Wii (Zelda A Link To The Past, Mario Party 2, Mario Kart 64, Zelda OOT), but we'd have to wait for it. One year later, the Wii U still doesn't have a single N64 VC game on it compared to the Wii having one at launch.

Because of Nintendo's slow VC pace, I'm forcing myself to not get it via other means with my GameCube.

Oh, and to add more insults to the Wii U VC, why does the 3DS VC have more fair prices? Donkey Kong is only $4 on there, Game and Watch Gallery is only $3 and Zelda Links Awakening is only $6. That sounds a lot more fair than paying $5 for Urban Champion (which you could get a better version on 3DS for the same price), $5 for the NES Donkey Kong (with only three levels) compared to the 3DS GameBoy Donkey Kong for only $4 with much more content and $5 for Clu-Clu Land. I find the game fun, but I'm not paying $5 for it.

It's like Nintendo neglects the Wii U VC in favor of the 3DS one. So why should any of us care for the Wii U VC. As I said, I'd be more than happy to rebuy the same games but where are they? At least the Wii U VC games are appearing on Club Nintendo now so you don't have to pay a "fee" for something that's free for Wii owners just to get the Wii U features.

Edit: This isn't even considering the lack of folders or a "zoom in/out" feature on the main menu. It was fine on the Wii since it was their first time with VC, but not now. At leas on the Wii you had the SD card menu and could make "mini-folders" with each section. I already have 15 VC games and if I get one more, I'd have to put it in another "section". But there's only 6 sections and I also plan to get more. The 3DS has a infinite number of sections due to folders but us Wii U owners are stuck with the default 6 with only 15 squares in each one. If we could zoom in or out on the main menu, it could be like 7 (sections) x 20 (squares) or 5 (sections) x 13 (squares).
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#12MARl0Posted 12/29/2013 1:19:28 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
What did the US get? OMG! Mario Tennis (GBC)? And what about Wii U? Wow! Super Punch-Out!!???

You start by complaining that North America isn't getting anything good, and then use Super Punch-Out as your example? You do realize that that is one of the best SNES games ever released right?
---
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) / Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
#13crowe_1Posted 12/29/2013 2:06:03 PM
The handling of the VC has been the most frustrating thing about this system, IMO. All the Wii VC games should have been on the eShop from day one, and just kept building. To highlight certain games, they could have had sales every week.

Prices are too high as well. I'm not saying $5 is too much for certain NES games, but some of these games have been available to purchase digitally for seven years. I don't think it is unreasonable to want price drops on at least some of them.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#14zelgamerguyPosted 12/29/2013 2:23:46 PM
MARl0 posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...
What did the US get? OMG! Mario Tennis (GBC)? And what about Wii U? Wow! Super Punch-Out!!???

You start by complaining that North America isn't getting anything good, and then use Super Punch-Out as your example? You do realize that that is one of the best SNES games ever released right?

These complaints are legit. Criticism is not trolling. I love the wii u and am disappointed with the vc. But, just like he cheered up by the wii vc, I have too. It holds me over. And punch out for NES I like okay... Super Punch Out is okay I guess.
---
www.worldvieweverlasting.com
Friends code 3DS: 2707-3051-5461/NNID dario68w
#15Nin3DSFanPosted 12/30/2013 5:06:39 PM
Super Punch Out may be Super Punch Out... but it's not LTTP, is it?

Also, I'm actually from the UK. I'm just saying that, from my point of view, Nintendo seems to treat the US like crap, in terms of how, for example, you get Wario Land 3 ages after us, and, STILL don't have Super Mario Bros 3 as far as I know.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#16Stanger5150Posted 12/30/2013 5:11:16 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
Super Punch Out may be Super Punch Out... but it's not LTTP, is it?

Also, I'm actually from the UK. I'm just saying that, from my point of view, Nintendo seems to treat the US like crap, in terms of how, for example, you get Wario Land 3 ages after us, and, STILL don't have Super Mario Bros 3 as far as I know.

Why do so many people call it "Link to the Past?"
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
Playing: NES, SMS, GB, Genesis, SNES, PS1, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, iOS, PS3, 3DS Wii U
#17Nin3DSFanPosted 12/31/2013 6:51:20 PM
Well, really, it should be abbreviated as "LZLP". Because generally, you don't abbreviate words like to, as, at, the, of etc. Otherwise, you'd say "TUSOA" instead of "USA". And, the RSPCA (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) should be TRSFTPOCTA, and PETA should be PFTETOA, and so on.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#18CGoblinsPosted 12/31/2013 7:15:41 PM
If you get the Wii version of VC games you can't use the gamepad except as like a monitor... Still have to use a remote. It's very bad design.

Off Screen VC was a selling point for me and I was very disappointed.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#19Nin3DSFanPosted 1/1/2014 6:38:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20CGoblinsPosted 1/1/2014 11:53:52 AM
Homebrew can. Shut your face. if I can download a ROM to play on just about anything. Nintendo can do the same thing. Calling people idiots. Grow up and take the Nintendo logo off your rear.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends