Damn Wii U gaming is expensive.

#31Bahamut_10thPosted 12/29/2013 4:43:05 AM
If you don't like the gamepad, A.K.A the main feature of the console, you shouldn't buy the console to begin with.
---
What a horrible night to have a grock raid.
Got Dillon's Rolling Western? Help make the game's board more active!
#32Lefty128kPosted 12/29/2013 5:24:34 AM
2 parents plus 2 children = 4 controllers to play a family game.

Doesn't seem so out there that someone would need four of everything when you consider that, does it?

All the Nintendo approved commercials show a family of 4 playing it, so it's not like this is just something trolls are coming up with.

Wii U is expensive.
#33JackalPosted 12/29/2013 5:27:27 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
If you don't like the gamepad, A.K.A the main feature of the console, you shouldn't buy the console to begin with.

I hated Motion controls but I bought a Wii for Monster Hunter. But that was only after it was confirmed that I could play it with the CCP. Otherwise, I would have never gotten one.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#34DeathSoul2000Posted 12/29/2013 5:33:12 AM
Lefty128k posted...

Doesn't seem so out there that someone would need four of everything when you consider that, does it?

All the Nintendo approved commercials show a family of 4 playing it, so it's not like this is just something trolls are coming up with.

Wii U is expensive.

Well of course they're gonna show families playing it, they're hardly going to show a lone basement dweller playing it are they. And just because you may or may not have a family with 4 or more members doesn't mean you automatically have to buy 4 of every controller, especially when you take into account some of them might not even like gaming. Oh and ebay.
#35hiphops_saviorPosted 12/29/2013 5:54:16 AM
TheGreatUnown posted...
coolguy_23 posted...
Bloodychess posted...
diggyfresh posted...
coolguy_23 posted...
Ya need 4 Pro Controllers or CCPRO 4 wii remotes+ and nunchucks, and Batteries. And you need to buy all the must have Wii U first title games which are 60 bucks a pop... To have the ultimate Wii U experience can be near the thousand dollar mark or above that...

You forgot that you needed to buy a HDTV. You need to pay rent, internet, and electricity. You also need to eat! That's like another $3,000 for Wii U gaming.

Don't forget utilities, gotta take a s*** every once in a while.

Judging from TC's ramblings, I'd say he does that through his mouth though.

Keyboard Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that a Guitar Hero spinoff?

Yeah, he fight trolls online by typing on the keyboard. He starts off with a membrane keyboard, and gradually upgrade his until he gets the Das Professional S. The pen is mightier than the sword, apparently.
#36king_maddenPosted 12/29/2013 6:16:46 AM
ArabrockermanX posted...
Well considering Nintendo controllers still have high enough build quality to last a generation(unlike ps3) it really isn't that big a deal... I went through 6 DS3's this generation and that wasn't because of local multiplayer... That means if I was playing only 4 player games I would have went through 24 controllers in a generation...

Man how old are you? Also are you a "bigger" person? People always talk about parts wearing down and pieces falling off of controllers but I haven't had a single ps3/360 controller break or last less than 3 years (just 3 because house burned down couple years ago). They were going strong up until then though.

Also to people who are mentioning xb1 and ps4, just because the alternatives are also expensive doesn't erase the fact that buying a WiiU with accessories can also be expensive. Gaming can be an expensive hobby.
#37kdognumba1Posted 12/29/2013 6:20:33 AM
Comparing all 3 new consoles, to full advantage of them and do everything you possibly can, Wii U is significantly cheaper then the other 2.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#38king_maddenPosted 12/29/2013 6:43:50 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
Comparing all 3 new consoles, to full advantage of them and do everything you possibly can, Wii U is significantly cheaper then the other 2.

Still expensive. Which is the main point here. It would still be more than a lot of people/families could afford really, even though sometimes sacrifices are made.
#39JackalPosted 12/29/2013 7:09:47 AM(edited)
Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it's the best choice. The price was dropped to save the console from failure but yes, it still would have been the cheapest of the 3 if the price hadn't dropped. And that's still not a good thing. For $50 more the PS4 would have been a better value to most people that aren't looking to play Mario. It would have been the middle ground between the cheaper Wii U with less features and the XB1.

The Wii U would have been a year old and while it would have more games, people may have wondered why this thing has been around for a year and they don't know anything about it. And then to find out that one model was discontinued and the current model has had a price drop with the first year of being on the market? It may not matter to some because cheap is cheap but more savvy shoppers may want to know why.

Plus the future line up of games compared to the PS4 and XB1 will be another consideration.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#40MotiJrPosted 12/29/2013 7:13:47 AM
Lefty128k posted...

Wii U is expensive.

Lol such flawed logic. I'm guessing x1 n ps4 can only support 1 player at a time. Not family friendly systems at all. Shame