What do you think nintendo should do about the lack of starfox, f-zero, metroid?

#1Artillatron7Posted 12/28/2013 10:00:14 PM
I'm tired of the constant mario, zelda, pokemon. I'd give anything for new installments of star fox, f-zero, metroid. I think the problem is nintendo doesn't have enough resources (people/teams) to make the games. The EAD team is constantly working on the next mario or zelda game, so they're not going to do it. I think nintendo needs to buy some new teams to bring back these old franchises. Platinum Games is a good one for star fox. They have a good relationship with nintendo. And platinum has expressed interest in becoming a second party developer for them. Next Level Games is also good at reviving old nintendo IPs. They did a great job with Luigi's mansion 2. I think either Sumo Digital or Monster Games should do the next F-zero. They've made good racing games in the past. No one should do Metroid other than Retro Studios. Luckily miyamoto has said that they are giving the series back to them.
---
#2R_HunterPosted 12/28/2013 10:03:29 PM
Make one more game in each.

If they don't at least make back their development costs, then retire them.

I'm as big a fan of Metroid and Star Fox as you'll meet, but i'm willing to admit the "base" isn't there.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#3GamerguymassPosted 12/28/2013 10:05:01 PM
As Nintendo has stated before these franchises don't sell very well which is why they aren't going to make a game for any of them any time soon. I know you are going to say you would buy them, but unless you have a few million friends who will also buy them then you are out of luck.

That said a new Star Fox would be awesome.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#4stargazer64Posted 12/28/2013 10:06:16 PM
Yes, they should make these games.

Give Star Fox to Treasure (or Platinum I guess), F Zero back to Sega, Retro better be working on effing Metroid right now, give NST something big if they still exist, and Next Level is surely working on Mario Soccer so Europeans finally buy the damn system.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand." Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#5Joey2coolPosted 12/28/2013 10:09:10 PM
I would be so stoked for a new Star Fox. I'm sure we'll see another Metroid eventually.

Star Fox and Metroid are my favorite Nintendo IPs.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#6jillwarrenPosted 12/28/2013 10:13:31 PM
I would prefer a new Star Fox, Metriod, and F-Zero in that order. I actually think Nintendo should make those all a priority because they all could make great uses of the Game Pad.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#7crowe_1Posted 12/29/2013 5:50:03 AM
Regardless of the sales of the individual titles, I think making new games in these series would help Nintendo in the long-term. Having a bigger variety of games available on their system would only increase positive perception and interest from the masses, which would lead to more system sales, which would lead to more potential software buyers.

Plus, the break from Mario could help to build more anticipation for the inevitable next release in that series.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#8abbyhitterPosted 12/29/2013 6:14:11 AM
They should completely ignore StarFox and F-Zero and focus all their energy into Metroid.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 12/29/2013 6:14:37 AM
I say the series are dead. Better to just let them rest in peace.
#10Artillatron7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 7:48:26 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
I say the series are dead. Better to just let them rest in peace.

I wish mario and zelda would die, so they can bring these series back.
---