What do you think nintendo should do about the lack of starfox, f-zero, metroid?

#91ThatKippPosted 12/31/2013 12:20:56 PM
I feel like F-Zero would be a great eShop game. Do it like Dr. Luigi. A few tracks, a few cars, and online play.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#92Devilman_AmonPosted 12/31/2013 12:26:37 PM
abbyhitter posted...
rubixcube10 posted...
abbyhitter posted...
They should completely ignore StarFox and F-Zero and focus all their energy into Metroid.

I agree. 150% on a new metroid. Question is....do you want it 2d or 3d world??

3D world with a hybrid play style of Prime and Other M with being able to explore in 3rd person and switch back and forth between 1st person view while still being able to move around in 1st person view.

The problem with 1st person view is you cannot do all the cool acrobatic double flips off walls like you can in 3rd person or 2D because the camera then goes crazy.

Think of taking a camcorder, hitting record, then systematically tossing it in the air so it does somersaults and bouncing it off walls and then looking at the captured footage. It'd be a mess.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#93mattersvillePosted 12/31/2013 1:06:50 PM
Hand them over to indie devs as 2nd party developers to keep the budgets low and therefore the sales figures will be somewhat less important.
Or... Go balls to the wall and make huge big-budget entries in the series to compete with the other big names in similar genres.
---
My hilarious gaming podcast.
http://portablepower.popularoutcasts.com/
#94P00DGEPosted 12/31/2013 3:05:15 PM
There isn't really a lack of Metroid games, just wanted to point that out.
#95FredSavage27Posted 1/1/2014 2:56:01 PM
Also, the last few F-Zero games have flopped so badly that the most recent one was never released outside Japan, and Star Fox always has people complaining that they're not just rehashing the Star Fox 64 gameplay over and over.
#96zombie_basher13Posted 1/2/2014 7:00:54 AM
I wish Metroid had become mega popular mass selling instead of Mario...
---
It's obnoxious when gameFAQers rank the Final Fantasy games in their sigs. Why do you expect anyone to care about something so pointless?
#97king_reggie_28Posted 1/3/2014 2:26:29 PM
Now would be the worst time to announce a new F-zero game, with Mario Kart 8 coming out soon. They share the same anti-gravity mechanic, and releasing them both near each other would diminish the sales of both games. If they waited until a few months after Mario Kart was out, I could see it doing well.

Star Fox would be awesome if they did it right. The only problem is, everybody has a different idea of what the "right way" to do it would be. Kid Icarus: Uprising was originally going to be a new Star Fox game, and if they did like that, with the fast-paced frantic style, but without the ground sections, it would be glorious. (with double-stick controls, no less!)

Metroid is the game that the Wii U really needs right now. Nintendo needs to handle this one themselves, no third party involvement at all. It would re-enforce the line-up they have coming out in the future (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros., Hyrule Warriors, etc.) and boost Wii U sales a lot. Go back to the style Prime had, but maybe more story. In any case, it has to do well, or the series is pretty much dead. That could be said for any of these games.
---
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough."