Not having a gamepad feels like a big step backwards to me now

#21b1gt0nePosted 12/29/2013 5:55:08 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
I very much prefer standard controllers in large part just so I can keep looking at the TV rather than back and forth between TV and gamepad screen.

Shocking :/
When sony copies the WiiU pad you will be praising it.
#22EzioAuditore947Posted 12/29/2013 5:58:48 AM
teknic1200 posted...
same here, also the small size of standard gamepads is the worst thing about them.

Because you loved the Jaguar pad, and the original Xbox controller, right?
---
And so, with mere seconds to act, I knelt down and punched it to death. It was the most exhilarating experience of my life. - BTB
#23nonexistingheroPosted 12/29/2013 6:12:19 AM
Loving Bioshock Infinite... I really don't see how.

- Takes ages before you finally encounter Elizabeth. I got bored of the combat long before I met her and the story is pretty much at a standstill shortly after the starting events.
- Half of the game is a huge sidequest with a very disappointing end... almost immediately followed by another lengthy sidequest that's just as tedious and disappointing.
- Nothing special about the story, characters, character development, etc.
- Ending is just WTF for the sake of WTF.

I really had to push myself to beat the game. Which is stupid, because I thoroughly enjoyed the first game. Overrated game is overrated.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24WildsparkPosted 12/29/2013 6:29:51 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
I very much prefer standard controllers in large part just so I can keep looking at the TV rather than back and forth between TV and gamepad screen.

I'd rather look down then constantly press pause, much more holistic IMO

When you look down, it's still taking you out of the action and takes up just as much time as pausing. I still think the gamepad is cool though
---
Peeps be getting deep sixed!- Daxter
#25xXVongolaRebornPosted 12/29/2013 6:38:51 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

- Takes ages before you finally encounter Elizabeth. I got bored of the combat long before I met her and the story is pretty much at a standstill shortly after the starting events.
- Half of the game is a huge sidequest with a very disappointing end... almost immediately followed by another lengthy sidequest that's just as tedious and disappointing.

I really had to push myself to beat the game. Which is stupid, because I thoroughly enjoyed the first game. Overrated game is overrated.

Opinion.
---
PSN = xXGearSecond XBL= ILNI x iGear II
Steam = Red Hawk
#26MiltonFinkPosted 12/29/2013 7:04:00 AM
I like the build and comfort and general idea behind the gamepad a lot, but the bad quality screen is a big turn off for me. I can handle it for a second screen for games, but the resolution is ultimately too poor for me to consider playing games off screen on it. Everything looks so blurry and low res.
---
Proud to be gay
#27suitup19Posted 12/29/2013 7:17:26 AM
Wind Waker HD made me realize the potential of the gamepad. Playing a Zelda game with access to your entire inventory and maps without having to pause the game was incredible. I never imagined being able to play a Zelda game without having to pause once. Then with one press of a button I can transfer the game to the gamepad screen and play while I am pooping. Nintendo knows what's up.
#28erasedMUSEPosted 12/29/2013 7:17:39 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

You suck at the game then. It does not take ages to meet Elizabeth.
---
Favorite bands in no particular order: 1) Muse 2) Editors 3) Interpol 4) The National
Gaming Systems I own: PS2, PS3, 3DS, Vita, & semi gaming PC
#29Virtue777Posted 12/29/2013 7:21:21 AM
Yeah I prefer the GamePad of the Wii U to anything else. The Xbox One controller is amazing, and I also love the PS4 controller. But the Wii U Game Pad is just too awesome and functional, not to mention I find it pretty comfortable to hold.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#30MotiJrPosted 12/29/2013 7:23:46 AM
The gamepad is great but people who don't have the capacity to look between 2 screens complain, possibly out of frustration because they can't do it. Just like people can't see 3d so they say 3d is crap etc, this is the same.

These same people complain that Nintendo do nothing new while begging for a 'normal' controller.