Single most traumatic gaming experience?

#1wingo84Posted 1/1/2014 6:16:53 AM(edited)
What is your single most traumatic gaming experience?

Mine occurred in 1998 playing FFVII... After spending about 5 hrs playing in one session I reached the Gold Saucer. Playing all the strange arcade games available I tried to play the Kupo game (where you feed it or something) but I had no idea what to do. Ended up pressing all sorts of button combinations until i pressed L1, L2, R1, R2 Start and Select.... Well, lets just say I really really wished I had saved my past 5 hrs :/ ... How was I to know that combo performed a reset on the software?!?

Even now I'm still scared to press multiple buttons at once.
---
"Agnes wore sexy clothes, and it was awesome!" - Ringabell
Wii U NNID - Wingo84 - - - 3DS FC - 2122-7025-1013 (PM me so I can add back)
#2nonexistingheroPosted 1/1/2014 6:21:09 AM
Hope you learned your lesson and save regularly now :P
I've learned the hard way in RPG's as well. You'll learn to save often after losing a few hours a few times.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3zelgamerguyPosted 1/1/2014 6:34:57 AM
I have always been good at saving in jrpgs. Western though like fallout and elderbscrolls is another story. I constantly forget to save, and then the game crashes.
---
www.worldvieweverlasting.com
Friends code 3DS: 2707-3051-5461/NNID dario68w
#4wingo84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 6:40:36 AM
I still forget to save... Windwaker HD taught me again. Fortunately Bravely Default has an autosave feature and have been blessed by that.

Some people never learn...
---
"Agnes wore sexy clothes, and it was awesome!" - Ringabell
Wii U NNID - Wingo84 - - - 3DS FC - 2122-7025-1013 (PM me so I can add back)
#5C RedfieldPosted 1/1/2014 6:52:44 AM
Lunar Eternal Blue: After three long months I finally... finally beat black wizard fatzo I forgot his name and his damn gravity spell. I came back later that day to see my sister's boy friend's save in the first and second slot.

And for the record this was on Sega CD not the nerfed PS remake
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.
#6TrueBlue91Posted 1/1/2014 6:57:47 AM
Never been "traumatised", but I freaked out when my Pokemon Diamond file w/ over 300 hours of play, froze mid-save. Luckily the data didn't get corrupted.

And playing OOT's shadow temple when I was younger, was pretty horrible.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#7kazooie48Posted 1/1/2014 7:08:03 AM
Accidently saving over my 100% Kingdom Hearts 1
---
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj177/AzureJet/Artonelico-Aurica.jpg ~ Aurica
Not changing this sig until Wade Barrett wins a World Title ~ 12/1/11
#8sketchturnerPosted 1/1/2014 7:11:36 AM
Dropping my N64 memory pak and having everything get erased. I had been working for months on a world record sudden death run on WInback:Covert Operations. I was on the next to last level when my file got erased.
---
Body Harvest, DKC2, DKC:Returns, Majora's Mask, Maximo, MP2:Echoes, Other M, Shadow of the Colossus, Starfox 64, Super Metroid, TimeSplitters 2, Trackmania
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/1/2014 7:15:44 AM
Madcatz PS1 mega memory card. I copied all my finished/completed game saves I'd built up over the years, many of which from lengthy RPGs, to it and then deleted them from the original memory cards. Next time I loaded it up, everything was gone.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10guedesbrawlPosted 1/1/2014 7:31:18 AM
my truly most traumatic experience can't be shared thankis to being a violation of the ToS, but the second one is this:

I had a (basically) 99% file in Donkey Kong Country 2, only had to get the DK Coin in the last level. I got it, and while i was going out to save the game... every electronic thing in the house stopped working for a split second. My save data was erased.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto