Single most traumatic gaming experience?

#21Traptin3daysPosted 1/1/2014 4:07:18 PM
My ps1 memory back in my childhood got wiped out with all saves.
Aaand my Wii stopped working when I played Xenoblade and had just defeated a huge dinosaur :c
---
So no pirates means no swag and no swag means no rum. And we're getting dangerously low on rum
#22mokmuudPosted 1/1/2014 4:08:45 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Madcatz PS1 mega memory card. I copied all my finished/completed game saves I'd built up over the years, many of which from lengthy RPGs, to it and then deleted them from the original memory cards. Next time I loaded it up, everything was gone.

I have had that experience. I was on the third disc of FFVII and my save was gone next time I loaded it up. Happened twice in different spots. Never used a madcatz card again.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#23Maverick_ReznorPosted 1/1/2014 4:29:57 PM
playing Contra 3 with my friend on the hardest difficulty and on the 3rd level a bunch of bugs swoop down and carry you off to your death and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it
---
Currently Playing : YS: Memories of Celceta, Ryse, and MH3U
Looking Forward To: Destiny, DKC:TF, MK8, I:SS, and The Order 1886
#24Rasputin77Posted 1/1/2014 5:00:19 PM
Cho Aniki.

... or playing 3D Dot Heroes for four hours without saving, only to have the game freeze at the doorway of the final castle, right before I was about to finally save. *single tear*
---
'Coddling' = When 'inappropriate responses' to text are the responsibility of the author. No s***.
GameFAQs; Where astute observations make you a monster.
#25jackorhoadsPosted 1/1/2014 5:08:22 PM
When I was getting the Masks in Majoras Mask. I can't remember the name properly but the moon trails at the end where you hand off some masks to kids and you do a challenge - the Goron one. I swear I went crazy because I couldn't do it, ultimate rage lol. Everytime I play MM now I think of that (funny thing is: its not that hard).
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#26arvilinoPosted 1/1/2014 5:12:54 PM
Not gaming itself but when my house was burgled and I had my PS1 and game collection stolen when I was a child. Even annoys me a bit today given I never did replace some of the games and one of them(Tombi) is now worth far more than it's original price.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#27GodofLazinessPosted 1/1/2014 5:13:12 PM
I've had quite a few traumatic experiences. Top of my head is when a guy that I knew and trusted stole my precious N64 and all my great games including Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, Super Mario 64 and Mystical Ninja Goeman.

Another event was when my nephew saved over my Pokemon Diamond save file and I had incredibly rare pokemon.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#28wingo84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 5:22:26 PM
arvilino posted...
Not gaming itself but when my house was burgled and I had my PS1 and game collection stolen when I was a child. Even annoys me a bit today given I never did replace some of the games and one of them(Tombi) is now worth far more than it's original price.

Yeh, My house was burgled a few times when I was young. Once I had a master system stolen with all my games and another time my Mega Drive with all my games ... pretty horrific tbf
---
"Agnes wore sexy clothes, and it was awesome!" - Ringabell
Wii U NNID - Wingo84 - - - 3DS FC - 2122-7025-1013 (PM me so I can add back)
#29Michael_PatcherPosted 1/1/2014 5:37:47 PM
I had previously just reached Eryth Sea in Xenoblade. When I booted it up the next day I accidentally pressed ZR on the starting menu, which turns out was the prompt for erasing the game. I wasn't aware I did that and picked "Yes" so I lost 30 hours of data.
---
Current victim of mod abuse
#30C RedfieldPosted 1/2/2014 11:50:30 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
C Redfield posted...
Lunar Eternal Blue: After three long months I finally... finally beat black wizard fatzo I forgot his name and his damn gravity spell. I came back later that day to see my sister's boy friend's save in the first and second slot.

And for the record this was on Sega CD not the nerfed PS remake

How is the PS remake nerfed when it has more content and is a lot harder?

I didn't mean the whole the game I just meant that fat tub of lard. They slowed him down and made him weaker in the PS version. His dragon became the nightmare in that game.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.