Why did so many people turn their backs on Nintendo?

#1FloridaPantherPosted 1/1/2014 5:48:04 PM
What happened to those 100 million Wii owners? Yeah obviously those were sales after a few years but what happened that under 5% jumped to the Wii U? Nintendo clearly cares more about the consumer than the ''other guys''. How often did you hear about a horrible defect in the Wii or someone going through ten Wii's? NEVER. Do the other guys offer a reward system like Club Nintendo? No. Perhaps people got tired of gaming. Personally I'm tired cause it's less about the games now and more about what social media features are included. I guess the Wii could be the last TRUE gaming console. Why is it that people bought the ps4 and xbox one with lackluster lineups with no stand out titles in the foreseeable future, yet when Nintendo didn't have the games right away it's a problem? Why is Nintendo called casual when it offers something for everyone regardless of gender or demographic? Going from shooter to shooter and slicing people up all day isn't casual? I don't get why people turned their backs on Nintendo though. They offered great games from their franchises and brought some old ones like Sin and Punishment and added some new franchises like Endless Ocean, Xenoblade, Pokepark etc.... Yeah go ahead and point out the so called ''casual'' games. Idk about you but there are days where I wanna play a simple game that doesn't require much effort and just have some fun or have fun in a group. We see now that Nintendo is coming up with new franchises and new ideas yet people are like brushing that off. Well I guess it's just a bunch of people who bought the Wii in 06'' and didn't get what they wanted and have a vengeance to take Nintendo down. Look how many Sony exclusives FAILED. Don't you find it insulting Kung Fu Rider was actually sold as full price retail game? Not trying to target one group but Nintendo offers great quality products that are practically flawless yet they get dumped on all the time. Why would you stop supporting a company that time and time again offers you a quality product?
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 1/1/2014 5:50:15 PM
1. The enter key is your friend, not your enemy.

2. Because opinions.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#3Dannyson97Posted 1/1/2014 5:53:43 PM
Most of those people bought a Wii for it's killer app Wii Sports. Not only was kinda of a fad, the ones who would've bought a Wii U for a game like that didn't because of the Wii U's lack of game like it.
---
The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast.
#4squatch22Posted 1/1/2014 5:55:44 PM
What happened to the 80 million PS3 owners? Why did they turn their back on Sony?

Right TC?
---
NNID: Nin10do-1983 PSN: squatch1983
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5darkjedilinkPosted 1/1/2014 5:56:04 PM
Let's be honest - Nintendo botched the Wii U reveal. I mean, they had no choice but to reveal it when they did, but they still revealed it a year too early. This prevented them from having a real marketing plan in place to show off the system and build hype over time.

They also screwed their launch. They didn't have enough games coming out fast enough, guaranteeing sales. Pikmin 3 came out this last summer, and it was supposed to be a launch title. DKC was supposed to be out already, and it's not going to be out for almost two more months.

Finally, for a multitude of reasons (most not actually being Nintendo's fault) a bunch of third-party developers turned their backs on them, despite glowing praise of the system and Nintendo pre-launch.

All this adds up to a scenario that isn't going to move a lot of Wii U's.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6SegavsCapcomPosted 1/1/2014 5:56:44 PM
squatch22 posted...
What happened to the 80 million PS3 owners? Why did they turn their back on Sony?

Right TC?

The PS4 just came out and the Wii U has been out for over a year.

Apple and oranges.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#7darkjedilinkPosted 1/1/2014 6:00:02 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
squatch22 posted...

Right TC?

The PS4 just came out and the Wii U has been out for over a year.

Apple and oranges.

Except the PS4 isn't really selling any faster than the Wii U did a couple of months in, yet we were already getting topics like this.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8AwayFromHerePosted 1/1/2014 6:02:56 PM
No one turned their back on Nintendo.

Look at sales of Nintendo home consoles, every generation since the NES, the sales have been lower and lower, until the Wii. The Wii was an anomaly. It managed to capture an audience of non-gamers.

Those non-gamers have moved on to non-gaming platforms, like phones and tablets, where, if they do want to play games, they have small, disposable games that they don't have to invest a lot of money or time in.

Once you Nintendo trolls get this fact through your thick skulls, and just learn to enjoy the system you bought without worrying about everyone else, you'll be happier.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#9chillvPosted 1/1/2014 6:03:49 PM
Well, I abandoned Sony and Microsoft. However, that is only because I always had Nintendo's back behind thd scenes. And also, because I am not so into their lengthy cinematic experience games and don't Like sure, they have other games that aren't like that, but they push those cinematic experience games the most and those are the games that become popular on the system.

Nintendo is the only that seems to do everything right, at least for me and my tastes. I tried Microsoft and Sony, but I found that I am not really interested in either of them.
#10ZenGamer64Posted 1/1/2014 6:13:51 PM
That's like asking why did folks turn their backs on VCRs.
---
Feed me like a baby bird!