Nintendo fans, criticise Nintendo.

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 1/1/2014 6:26:41 PM
I don't mean blindly hate Nintendo for something nonsensical and irrelevant. I mean pick one or 2 things that Nintendo is lackluster in and explain how they can improve. I'll start

Put more focus on online- It amazes me that there is still not a 1st party Wii U game with online play. Not only that, but we still don't have a modern account system, and we don't even have features that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 had for almost 8 years. Hell, the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita have more features than Wii U.

Work with 3rd parties more- Now I can't necessarily fault Nintendo for the early Wii U ports being rushed and half assed, but I can fault them for not being involved with 3rd parties enough. Nintendo has not really made an effort to court 3rd parties more with the Wii U. They're not helping them use the Wii U's power, they aren't helping them with online, they're not helping them use the gamepad in a meaningful way, Nothing.

It's funny, because Nintendo is not only helping them with localizing Nintendo 3DS games, but are even going as far as to publish games they can't bring over themselves for whatever reason. If they can do something like that with the 3DS, there is no excuse as to why they can't do something similar with the Wii U.

Be prepared- How do you come out with an HD system in 2012 and say you weren't ready for HD development? You should've been preparing for this, 2009 at the latest. You should've been preparing for HD development years before the Wii U was even rumored.

Use your franchises- While I applaud Nintendo for rebooting several once dead franchises recently, there is still more work to be done. Nintendo has a wealth of IP's at their dissposal and they're just sitting on them. How about using some of those studios you have to bring them back. It would be awsome to have a new Takamaru game by Monolith or whatever.

So those are things I think Nintendo can use work on, what about you?
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#2m0986-8Posted 1/1/2014 6:28:54 PM
Remove region lock and tie games to accounts and not systems!
---
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#3IcedEarthaholicPosted 1/1/2014 6:34:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-d6OCoWkok&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Nintendo part in particular should nail it.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#4Watt64Posted 1/1/2014 6:34:57 PM
Please don't make any more NSMB games. And if you make another 3D Mario game, don't make SMG3. take your time on it, and make it just as fresh and exciting as SMG was.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#5XeylirPosted 1/1/2014 6:40:07 PM
Do something with the VC. Stop trotting out obscure or relatively unknown titles at a pace of one or two a week, only sprinkling a few gems in now and again. You're sitting on decades of video game history, famous, popular games that thousands if not millions of people grew up with. Use it.
---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)
#6NickTheBlitzPosted 1/1/2014 6:40:35 PM
Remove demo usage limits.

Absolutely pointless.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
#7CubeTVPosted 1/1/2014 6:42:03 PM
While the éshop is good, it could be a lot better. Same with the OS. After one year, there are still no N64 games on the éshop (which the Wii had at launch), there are no folders like the 3DS, no picture or video viewing app like the Wii, 3DS or even DSi. No zoom in/out like the 3DS, or even a simple "extra menu" like the Wii's SD card menu.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#8GnilresPosted 1/1/2014 6:50:21 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
I don't mean blindly hate Nintendo for something nonsensical and irrelevant. I mean pick one or 2 things that Nintendo is lackluster in and explain how they can improve. I'll start

Put more focus on online- It amazes me that there is still not a 1st party Wii U game with online play. Not only that, but we still don't have a modern account system, and we don't even have features that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 had for almost 8 years. Hell, the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita have more features than Wii U.

Work with 3rd parties more- Now I can't necessarily fault Nintendo for the early Wii U ports being rushed and half assed, but I can fault them for not being involved with 3rd parties enough. Nintendo has not really made an effort to court 3rd parties more with the Wii U. They're not helping them use the Wii U's power, they aren't helping them with online, they're not helping them use the gamepad in a meaningful way, Nothing.

It's funny, because Nintendo is not only helping them with localizing Nintendo 3DS games, but are even going as far as to publish games they can't bring over themselves for whatever reason. If they can do something like that with the 3DS, there is no excuse as to why they can't do something similar with the Wii U.

Be prepared- How do you come out with an HD system in 2012 and say you weren't ready for HD development? You should've been preparing for this, 2009 at the latest. You should've been preparing for HD development years before the Wii U was even rumored.

Use your franchises- While I applaud Nintendo for rebooting several once dead franchises recently, there is still more work to be done. Nintendo has a wealth of IP's at their dissposal and they're just sitting on them. How about using some of those studios you have to bring them back. It would be awsome to have a new Takamaru game by Monolith or whatever.

So those are things I think Nintendo can use work on, what about you?

All this. Also, work on marketing. Even when we do have amazing games, you can't seem to figure out who to aim it at and where.
---
Leave luck to heaven
NNID:Gnilres
#9EbonMagicianPosted 1/1/2014 6:55:23 PM
Drop the ugly "everything is white and boring" style you got going on. I specificly wanted the NSMBU Wii U bundle because of the art all over the box ( and the free games it had, ya know) but I just love that box. your normal boxes for Wii U and Wii were just boring to the point of being cringe-worthy whenever I see an original wii box.

I still remember when they uglified their website by switching everything to the "stylish" white monotone boring look. You aren't trying to sell medical equipment here nintendo, you're trying to sell a fun videogame system full of colorful games.

Oh god, and when they started to RUIN their games by doing the same thing! they made that ugly "puzzle league" game that had the look of a cheap indie game (love indie games, but some of them just have really boring ugly aesthetics) they did it to Dr Mario too. glad that whole idea failed
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 Vita PSN: Bernkestel
FFXIV: Bernkastel Kues - Diabolos
#10FayeLadyPosted 1/1/2014 6:59:14 PM
STOP! Before you do another thing, figure out who your target market is and speak to them. You don't particularly need to work harder at marketing, just smarter.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.