Pachter Says PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally

#191king_maddenPosted 1/7/2014 10:10:56 PM
......and what does that have to do with consoles? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Anyone else notice how people hate digital only gaming but then tout steam as the most awesome thing? I created a steam account years ago though but I just don't like the digital only thing. Sales aren't all that great to me since it's usually older games. I just buy used and return or resale lol.
#192heartlesshero17Posted 1/7/2014 10:27:15 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
PS4 will have outsold Wii U by February 1st 2014.

Isn't the Wii U like about 800,000 ahead of PS4 right now? Despite PS4 selling at a far faster rate still, wouldn't the Wii U have to sell like, nothing for that to happen?

That said, I can see it happening in Feb. Just not by the first day

Edit: Assuming the 5 million sold thing was true. Didn't recall the source

You might be right. I had the Wii U around 4.6 million and that might be shipped and not sold to consumers. PS4 will definitely pass the Wii U after the Japanese launch in February though. I was hoping Sony first and Nintendo second(hate Xbox), but I don't see any way the Wii U gains any significant market share now.

Funny, I wasn't even taking into consideration of the Japanese launch really. Even without it things look like PS4 can reach Wii U numbers by that time I said. But that's just my guess

Nintendo will really have to turn things around to keep up at this rate
---
http://i.imgur.com/0XFg1NY.png
#193Shinobi120Posted 1/7/2014 11:09:48 PM(edited)
Exsoldier001 posted...
says a boy who get his pocket money from his parents

Dude, I'm 31 years old, & have been gaming since the Arcade/NES days. You don't know a damn thing about me.

AceMos posted...
the PS4 is sold at a loss

Like I said earlier, it's only sold at a very small loss; it's nothing like with PS3.
#194Skill4ReelPosted 1/7/2014 11:11:52 PM
What is Pachter going to tell us next? That water is wet?
#195AceMosPosted 1/7/2014 11:13:36 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Exsoldier001 posted...
says a boy who get his pocket money from his parents

Dude, I'm 31 years old, & have been gaming since the Arcade/NES days. You don't know a damn thing about me.

AceMos posted...
the PS4 is sold at a loss

Like I said earlier, it's only sold at a very small loss; it's nothing like with PS3.

no you seem to forget that the ps4 is sold to a store for far less than the store it self sells it for

that plus shiping and handeling and the R&D cost for making it in the first place yea that and the loss sony is taking ont eh vita yea sony is not in a good spot at this time
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#196Shinobi120Posted 1/7/2014 11:15:51 PM(edited)
AceMos posted...
no you seem to forget that the ps4 is sold to a store for far less than the store it self sells it for

that plus shiping and handeling and the R&D cost for making it in the first place yea that and the loss sony is taking ont eh vita yea sony is not in a good spot at this time

All it takes is either a PS+ subscription, or a $60 game for Sony to break even from each PS4 console sold. That's how little the losses for it is.
#197bluesplus1Posted 1/7/2014 11:15:07 PM
I have no trouble seeing the PS4 outselling the Wii U with how sales have been since its launch, and with Japan coming into the picture in February, the Wii U will need to pull out a lot of quality titles in order to keep its momentum going.

Can the PS4 maintain its pace and continue to sell strongly? Will the Wii U pull a 3DS and have a continued surge in sales? By the end of the generation, it'll be the games that will decide this IMO.

Either way, I'll be owning both, so I don't really care. I'll have the best of both worlds.
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#198king_maddenPosted 1/7/2014 11:15:19 PM
AceMos posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
AceMos posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Archsaze posted...
NIntendo is worth more than Sony. I'll just leave this here: http://i.imgur.com/kynB09W.png

Yeah, they're so much more worth than Sony that they can't even develop a beefier, next gen console.

sony making beefy tech is what got them iin so much debt and ther stock ebign worht so little

No, dude, it's their TV sectors, etc.

It certainly doesn't take much money to make a beefier console in power & graphics while taking little to no losses - like Sony just demonstrated with PS4 & what Nintendo had demonstrated with NES, SNES, N64, & Gamecube.

the ps4 is sold at a loss

after a game purchase it wipes that out though doesnt it?

and ps4 is selling games better than wiiu at the moment which is also selling at a loss.
#199squatch22Posted 1/7/2014 11:42:54 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
AceMos posted...

All it takes is either a PS+ subscription, or a $60 game for Sony to break even from each PS4 console sold. That's how little the losses for it is.

Any proof of that?
---
NNID: Nin10do-1983 PSN: squatch1983
Apparently a "Nintendrone" http://imageshack.com/a/img28/6168/n2mx.jpg
#200bartz90Posted 1/7/2014 11:48:01 PM
squatch22 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
AceMos posted...

Any proof of that?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57603901-235/playstation-4-to-sell-at-a-loss-but-sony-expects-profit/

"According to Eurogamer, Ito said that after a gamer buys a PlayStation 4 for $399, as long as they buy a new game from the device maker and open a PlayStation Plus account, Sony will be able to generate a slight profit on that person."

These statements were all over just a few months before launch. It seemed to be pretty common knowledge.
---
-