I own 0 Wii games. I just got a WiiU what are the AAA Wii games I need to obtain

#1EbonMagicianPosted 1/2/2014 10:17:24 PM
I'm trying to get all the must haves of both wii and wiiu since the wiiu and play both. I sold everything having to do with my wii long ago. What do you think should be in someone wii collection for their WiiU?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 Vita PSN: Bernkestel
FFXIV: Bernkastel Kues - Diabolos
#2BladescorpionPosted 1/2/2014 10:20:24 PM
Xeno blade, mario galaxy 1 and 2, the Zelda's, super paper Mario.
---
Forgive spelling issues.
#3EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 10:31:02 PM
any kirby or donkey kongs worth getting? also, any good horror games?
---
#48_Bit_BoyPosted 1/2/2014 10:33:22 PM
^ I liked epic yarn, but it's more of a fun/relaxing game. You can't die and you can't really lose - just win a little less. It's very easy, but is anyone really playing Kirby for the challenge? I still thought it was fun to play through.
#5snae99Posted 1/2/2014 10:34:01 PM
I just finished Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn today and it was a pretty damn good game. Extremely long though. But if you haven't played its gamecube predecessor Path of Radiance then play that first (it's better too).

Both Galaxy games are a must. If you can find it get Metroid Prime Trilogy too.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
GOTY so far: nothing
#6Joey2coolPosted 1/2/2014 10:35:07 PM
You could check out Shattered Memories or RE Revelations if you want some horror. I think there is also a Fatal Frame but I don't know if it was ever localized.

Xenoblade is a must-have. One of the best RPGs of last gen.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#7EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 10:37:16 PM
Joey2cool posted...
You could check out Shattered Memories or RE Revelations if you want some horror. I think there is also a Fatal Frame but I don't know if it was ever localized.

Xenoblade is a must-have. One of the best RPGs of last gen.

Xenoblade is one I really want but it's $60 used at gamestop D: whats with that? my local gamestop seems to have it in as well. Do you think it's worth it?
---
#8darkness1018Posted 1/2/2014 10:39:01 PM
The Last Story
Xenoblade
Pandora's Tower
Super Paper Mario
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
MadWorld
No More Heroes 1,2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Other M
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl

These are the horror games ive played on Wii & enjoyed them all:

Cursed Mountain
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
The Grudge
Calling
Obscure Aftermath (I didn't play the Wii version but I played the PS2 version & liked it)
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU
#9Justice98405Posted 1/2/2014 10:47:14 PM
How about you help us out and tell us what kinds of games and genres you are looking to get as far as the Wii games go, and then I can make a more informed set of recommendations for you.

Just saying. Help me to help you.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#10a_fartn_SpartanPosted 1/2/2014 10:49:21 PM
EbonMagician posted...
any kirby or donkey kongs worth getting? also, any good horror games?

DKC Returns was by all means an excellent game, but it was very different from the original trilogy and suffers from forced motion controls that don't feel natural. You may get used to them, but I'm sure Tropical Freeze will be about the same or better in every single way. Since you have the whole Wii collection plus Wii U games to pan through, surely you could hold off for the new game coming in February(?), IIRC.

And I'm not a Kirby fan but I'm sure any Kirby fan would like Return to Dreamland. I would look into it a little more though before you trust me.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.