Question About Final Cutscene (Wind Waker Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Question About Final Cutscene (Wind Waker Spoilers)
2 years ago#1
At the end of Wind Waker, Link is riding the King of Red Lions. The King of Hyrule(Who is also the King of Red Lions) died (or so I presume. The ocean did flood all around him) in the previous cutscene. At the beginning of Phantom Hourglass (A direct sequel to Wind Waker) The King of Red Lions is nowhere to be seen. So either: A. King of Red Lions somehow survived or B. Link is technically riding a corpse.

So, whats going on here?
---
Gameplayer6458 for SSBU!
3DS FC: 3437-3552-3000; Name on everything: Gameplayer6458
2 years ago#2
Technically riding a corpse if you want to call it that. At that point it was just floating wood. It was never a living thing so to speak. Just the incorporeal King speaking through, controlling/acting as an object to help Link.
---
-
2 years ago#3
Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe the king's spirit left it, but the boat's physical body still remains? That's honestly the best I can come up with.
2 years ago#4
To be fair, the king had been dead for a long long time before his spirit died as well, so technically Link rode on a corpse the entire game.
---
~XG~ /// http://www.backloggery.com/pixelate
http://www.youtube.com/xg549
2 years ago#5
The KoRL was nothing more than wood by that point. Link probably just joined up on the main ship cause why bother bother lagging behind in that dinky little sailboat?
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
2 years ago#6
If you pay close attention to the King of Red Lions in the final cutscene, you would notice that its eyes are closed.

For all intents and purposes, it has been reduced to an ordinary boat with no spirit possessing it. Or, a corpse, as you would put it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9408 - 2283
2 years ago#7
M-Watcher posted...
If you pay close attention to the King of Red Lions in the final cutscene, you would notice that its eyes are closed.

For all intents and purposes, it has been reduced to an ordinary boat with no spirit possessing it. Or, a corpse, as you would put it.

This. As to why it's not around anymore at the beginning of Phantom Hourglass...I honestly don't know. A tragic accident never explained that left the KoRL wrecked, forcing Link to ride on the pirate ship?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
2 years ago#8
Banjo2553 posted...
M-Watcher posted...

This. As to why it's not around anymore at the beginning of Phantom Hourglass...I honestly don't know. A tragic accident never explained that left the KoRL wrecked, forcing Link to ride on the pirate ship?

Tetra and Link became an item (I mean how else did New Hyrule start) and Link joined her pirate crew.

I imagine that the KoRL was given a proper viking burial. That is, they set it on fire and set it adrift. But it burned really fast because Nico poured on way too much gasoline and gun powder because he's a noob like that.
---
-
2 years ago#9
They might've simply stored the King of Red Lions onboard the pirate ship once Link realized there was no need for him to sail on his dinky little boat next to them rather than on the ship with them.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
2 years ago#10
Wondered this myself actually (I finished this game 2 days ago).

But, why did the king even have to die though? They managed to trap Ganon and everything, and then he was just kinda: "Oh welp, imma die now, let's how ganon doesn't become resurected again coz then yur gonne be screwed coz i'm dead now and cant help"
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Question About Final Cutscene (Wind Waker Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived