Question About Final Cutscene (Wind Waker Spoilers)

#11BeanBeanKingdomPosted 1/3/2014 3:48:48 AM
RiaanYster posted...
Wondered this myself actually (I finished this game 2 days ago).

But, why did the king even have to die though? They managed to trap Ganon and everything, and then he was just kinda: "Oh welp, imma die now, let's how ganon doesn't become resurected again coz then yur gonne be screwed coz i'm dead now and cant help"

His wish was for the kingdom of Hyrule to disappear beneath the waves forever (and for Link and Zelda to be given a hopeful future) and that included him. He could've gone with the two of them, but decided to stay behind out of regret.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#12trenton97Posted 1/6/2014 7:43:27 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
RiaanYster posted...
Wondered this myself actually (I finished this game 2 days ago).

But, why did the king even have to die though? They managed to trap Ganon and everything, and then he was just kinda: "Oh welp, imma die now, let's how ganon doesn't become resurected again coz then yur gonne be screwed coz i'm dead now and cant help"

His wish was for the kingdom of Hyrule to disappear beneath the waves forever (and for Link and Zelda to be given a hopeful future) and that included him. He could've gone with the two of them, but decided to stay behind out of regret.

Indeed. One of the big themes of the games is letting go of the past and moving forward. King Daphness Nohansen Hyrule knew that.
---
Official Goron Knight of Safe Haven
Prime Minister of the Link Between Worlds board.(Really loyal to WeirdJohn,don't tell >_>)