Wii Virtual console games?

#1ggazooPosted 1/4/2014 11:07:40 AM
Can the Wii's Virtual Consile games be played on the Wii U?
#2zelgamerguyPosted 1/4/2014 11:11:09 AM
They sure can. :-)
---
www.worldvieweverlasting.com
Friends code 3DS: 2707-3051-5461/NNID dario68w
#3New LinkPosted 1/4/2014 11:14:19 AM
Yes.

A few ways to go about it. Purchased titles on the Wii may be transferred to the Wii U. These may then be played through "Wii mode" on the Wii U. This is completely free (assuming you already have it.) Your "purchase history" is also sent to the Wii U to use in the Wii mode Store to be able to redownload them.

You may also purchase/download any new Wii VC game from the store from within Wii Mode.

Transferred games, while is Wii Mode, may be displayed on the TV or Gamepad (or both)... but non controlled using it. Wii accessories must be used.

Transferred games which are also available on the Wii U eShop may be upgraded for a nominal fee. $1.00 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES

Wii U changes included savestates and the ability to use Wii U accessories.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#4terrancejonesPosted 1/4/2014 11:15:47 AM
Within the Wii emulation system that's on there. You can even port an older Wii settings to the Wii system on the Wii U, and that will give you discounts on the Wii U virtual console of games.

For Example, I had a Black Wii, and I had Super Metroid on it. I ported the user settings from the Black Wii, to the Black Wii U, and accessed it on the Emulated Wii system. I now have a copy of Super Metriod there. BUT! I can also go to the eShop, and buy a Wii U copy of Super Metriod as well, with updates to be compatible with newer televisions. It's like a dollar or so in price, compared to the 7 dollars that it normally sells for, since I previously purchased or downloaded for free the game, from my Club Nintendo account.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#5MiltonFinkPosted 1/4/2014 11:16:23 AM
New Link posted...
Yes.

A few ways to go about it. Purchased titles on the Wii may be transferred to the Wii U. These may then be played through "Wii mode" on the Wii U. This is completely free (assuming you already have it.) Your "purchase history" is also sent to the Wii U to use in the Wii mode Store to be able to redownload them.

You may also purchase/download any new Wii VC game from the store from within Wii Mode.

Transferred games, while is Wii Mode, may be displayed on the TV or Gamepad (or both)... but non controlled using it. Wii accessories must be used.

Transferred games which are also available on the Wii U eShop may be upgraded for a nominal fee. $1.00 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES

Wii U changes included savestates and the ability to use Wii U accessories.

Keep in mind if you transfer them to the Wii U, you can no longer play or download them on the original Wii. An absurdly petty restriction.
---
Proud to be gay
#6Nin3DSFanPosted 1/4/2014 12:55:00 PM
terrancejones posted...
Within the Wii emulation system that's on there. You can even port an older Wii settings to the Wii system on the Wii U, and that will give you discounts on the Wii U virtual console of games.

For Example, I had a Black Wii, and I had Super Metroid on it. I ported the user settings from the Black Wii, to the Black Wii U, and accessed it on the Emulated Wii system. I now have a copy of Super Metriod there. BUT! I can also go to the eShop, and buy a Wii U copy of Super Metriod as well, with updates to be compatible with newer televisions. It's like a dollar or so in price, compared to the 7 dollars that it normally sells for, since I previously purchased or downloaded for free the game, from my Club Nintendo account.

I hope you're not implying what I think you're implying.

Because this is what a lot of people seem to imply:

The "Wii U Virtual Console discount" thing, ONLY happens if you specifically transferred your Wii VC title to the Wii U's Wii Mode.

But this is not true.

You simply have to have had the title in your purchase history on the Wii U's Wii Menu. That means whether you transferred it from a physical Wii, or directly bought it from the Wii Shop Menu on the Wii U's Wii Menu, it will still be discounted on the Wii U eShop. And more so, apparently, it doesn't even have to be on the Wii Menu. If you bought a game, OR transferred from another Wii, you could delete that game from the Wii Menu, and it'll still be discounted. It's simple. It merely has to be in your purchase history. That's all. (At least that's what someone said).
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!