Am I the only one who gets a huge "Chuck E. Cheese game" vibe from SM3DW?

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 1/5/2014 11:18:22 AM
I was playing with my friend in co-op, we were both selecting characters and thats when I started feeling all nostalgic. Then I start playing the stages, they are simple and short, then it hits me...... I felt like I was a 6 year old at Chuck E. Cheese playing with my friends and siblings in the games they offer XD. Sure that was like 15 years ago and the graphics are nice, but the whole feeling is the same!

Man there should be a Wii U and SM3DW stationed at ever CE.C, huge oppurtunity there. And all the coins will make kids want to buy lots of tokens XD
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2SychinLegacyPosted 1/5/2014 11:20:29 AM
Yes
#3StickMen1090Posted 1/5/2014 11:21:55 AM
ye bro, only you
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
#4zoogelioPosted 1/5/2014 11:36:13 AM
Chuck E. Cheese doesn't exactly have a good reputation. From what I remember- the ball pit of biohazards, pizza only a notch above Dominos' original recipe, creepy giant animatronic robots, and the only time you hear Chuck E. Cheese's name in the news now is when a big brawl breaks out there. The one I went to as a kid never had any newer arcade games, they were always a few to several years old then. They had more skeeball machines than arcade cabinets. Oh yeah, whack-a-mole. One of the few places I've seen that.
#5Waggy17Posted 1/5/2014 11:37:17 AM
Now that you say it, it kinda makes me think of The Simpsons arcade game a bit and the TMNT arcade game that they had at our Chuck E. Cheese/Showbiz Pizza
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#6Banjo2553Posted 1/5/2014 11:54:41 AM
Wow. I've never heard the term before...but I know exactly what you're saying. Playing the game for the first time right now and it feels like the rare times I went to Chuck E. Cheese as a kid. Had so much fun.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#7Merc123Posted 1/5/2014 12:35:07 PM
I thought you meant the awful Chuck E. Cheese wii game they made a while back.....this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOmQ_jkvB8

Anyway i don't really remember the games very well but i remember as a kid getting so excited whenever i would get taken to Chuck E. Cheese or Discovery Zone (i don't think they have been a thing for a long time). It was always tons of fun. My favorite game was blasting the clowns teeth with those guns. Man if i was ridiculously rich i would totally install 4 of those in a basement to play against friends with.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 1/5/2014 12:39:33 PM
I'll never think of Chuck E. Cheese the same way again after seeing Jackass's Anaconda Ball Pit.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#9HayashiTakaraPosted 1/5/2014 12:40:55 PM
When I found out what the "E" stood for, I was extremely disappointed, like my childhood memories forever coated in a shade of gray.

It stands for "entertainment" if anyone is curious.
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 1/5/2014 3:08:13 PM
Screw Chuck E Cheese!

Gatti Town for the win!
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom