How much effort was put into Wind Waker HD?

#1Golden MavenPosted 1/5/2014 9:37:51 PM
How much effort was put into Wind Waker HD? - Results (155 votes)
A lot of effort. It's like Wind Waker reborn. Developers were estranged from their families.
54.84% (85 votes)
Minimal effort. Just another cash-in. Nintendo is whistling all the way to the bank.
45.16% (70 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Give it a bit of a paint job, add some graphical effects, tweak a few things here and there, and voila. Brand new Zelda.

The Wii U is running on the same architecture as the Gamecube, so the actual porting must have been easy as pie.
#2LunarRoarPosted 1/5/2014 9:45:45 PM
I remember reading that they remade a lot from scratch and are now using the assets from the HD version as the basis for their next Zelda game.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#3userfrigginamePosted 1/5/2014 9:49:32 PM(edited)
No in-between option, huh? Oh, what it would be to live in a world where everything is black and white, with no gray. So simple.
#4Merc123Posted 1/5/2014 9:54:44 PM
I think it depends on how hard it was to give it that coat of paint because as awesome as the game is it seems they skimped on extras to make it different. It sure isn't a Persona 4 Golden, now that was a game that came stuffed to the brim with extra content, and it looked a bit better than the PS2 version too.

Still loving the game however and it looks beautiful.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#5AceMosPosted 1/5/2014 10:01:54 PM
Merc123 posted...
I think it depends on how hard it was to give it that coat of paint because as awesome as the game is it seems they skimped on extras to make it different. It sure isn't a Persona 4 Golden, now that was a game that came stuffed to the brim with extra content, and it looked a bit better than the PS2 version too.

Still loving the game however and it looks beautiful.

persona 4 golden was also given more time and was ment to be a huge upgrade

where as WW HD was a quick get the zelda team sue to HD dev work and was more ment to give ppl who skiped WW a 2nd chance to buy it (hince bundling it)
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#6jakestar0306Posted 1/5/2014 10:07:39 PM
Why is this a poll? There's no "opinion" on how much time was put into it, it's an objective answer.
#7656stoogePosted 1/5/2014 10:14:25 PM
No idea could have been a rush job or taken tons of time and effort. All I know us that I got the original version for the first time last Christmas, and the HD version this Christmas, and the remake has made me love the game ten times more.

They fixed almost every single issue or annoyance with the original, and at the same time, highlighted and improved everything great about it.

Very happy with the product and hope they give more titles the same treatment. And why not? I bought the Monty Python movies and All my other old favourites on blu ray, so what makes playing an old game any worse?
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#8Golden Maven(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 5:09:50 PM
bump for more opinions
#9Legend053180Posted 1/6/2014 5:39:51 PM
This poll is bad.
#10jsb0714Posted 1/6/2014 5:43:32 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Give it a bit of a paint job, add some graphical effects, tweak a few things here and there, and voila. Brand new Zelda.

The Wii U is running on the same architecture as the Gamecube, so the actual porting must have been easy as pie.

Who considers this a brand new Zelda? Oh, nobody.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this