Peach is playable in the new SMB, Zelda should be playable in the Wii U Zelda

#1xenosaga123Posted 1/7/2014 11:15:49 AM
Yes Zelda does deserve the long awaited promotion of her gameplay role in the series. It would also make Wii U the first official Nintendo console to have princess Zelda playable in the main series. They could at least give Zelda her own full campaign, it doesn't have to be co-op. That would also add incentive for at least 2 unique playthroughs. Princess Zelda can obtain powers that provide interesting gameplay styles, to combat as well as puzzles.
#2MotiJrPosted 1/7/2014 11:28:27 AM
Not if it is just because peach is playable. You need more reason than that as well as more concrete ideas.
---
I am the voice of reason. I'm also having fun so don't get upset and just have a laugh :D
#3heartlesshero17Posted 1/7/2014 11:34:52 AM(edited)
Sure I'd like that. I kinda wanted another thing like the Kafei sidequest where you need to use both back to back to solve a puzzle. Except make the puzzle more then just moving blocks. That would be cool imo for a section in a final dungeon or something. Maybe Zelda's part of the puzzle involves her use of magic or light arrows while Link's involves his sword and other equipment
---
http://i.imgur.com/0XFg1NY.png
#4PoweranimalsPosted 1/7/2014 11:35:18 AM
Legend of Zelda is more story focused though. Making Zelda playable would force them to limit personal character growth or force them to make separate dialog for both.
#5DarthLaharlPosted 1/7/2014 11:43:02 AM
I'd even appreciate a linear part at the beginning of the game where you just control her for a short while in Castle Town (or whatever the area around the castle is) and just talk to people and shopkeepers as you make your way back to the castle.

Is that too much to ask for?
---
I hate Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft but I like their consoles and games.
PSN: Unretributed. NID: Unretributed
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 1/7/2014 11:44:17 AM
DarthLaharl posted...
I'd even appreciate a linear part at the beginning of the game where you just control her for a short while in Castle Town (or whatever the area around the castle is) and just talk to people and shopkeepers as you make your way back to the castle.

Is that too much to ask for?

Isn't things like that what people don't like in modern Zelda games?
#7ScaldedBeaverPosted 1/7/2014 11:44:23 AM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Sure I'd like that. I kinda wanted another thing like the Kafei sidequest where you need to use both back to back to solve a puzzle. Except make the puzzle more then just moving blocks. That would be cool imo for a section in a final dungeon or something. Maybe Zelda's part of the puzzle involves her use of magic or light arrows while Link's involves his sword and other equipment

Play Spirit Tracks. Of course, Zelda is a phantom 95% of the time you play as her, but you will have to deal with that.
#8YoyokuKOPosted 1/7/2014 11:45:15 AM
yes, it is.
that completely unnecessary and just "padding".

plus, only men would get a kick out of controlling women.
/nuh uh gur'friend
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 1/7/2014 11:15:25 PM(edited)
Poweranimals posted...
Legend of Zelda is more story focused though. Making Zelda playable would force them to limit personal character growth or force them to make separate dialog for both.

it would force them to be creative and stop rehashing zelda mechanics over and over. why can mario change and not zelda? we're still getting the same zelda since alttp.
#10TallWhiteNinjaPosted 1/7/2014 11:28:59 PM
Peach (and Toad, while we're at it) being playable is a nod to the American SMB2. It's not the harbinger of some Nintendo feminist revolution.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.