Peach is playable in the new SMB, Zelda should be playable in the Wii U Zelda

#11heartlesshero17Posted 1/7/2014 11:31:11 PM
ScaldedBeaver posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
Sure I'd like that. I kinda wanted another thing like the Kafei sidequest where you need to use both back to back to solve a puzzle. Except make the puzzle more then just moving blocks. That would be cool imo for a section in a final dungeon or something. Maybe Zelda's part of the puzzle involves her use of magic or light arrows while Link's involves his sword and other equipment

Play Spirit Tracks. Of course, Zelda is a phantom 95% of the time you play as her, but you will have to deal with that.

Yes I know. Sadly I don't have the chance to finish it at the moment. It was partly where I got the idea from
---
http://i.imgur.com/0XFg1NY.png
#12NickTheBlitzPosted 1/7/2014 11:35:38 PM
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Peach (and Toad, while we're at it) being playable is a nod to the American SMB2. It's not the harbinger of some Nintendo feminist revolution.

Oh look, someone who gets it.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
#13EbonMagicianPosted 1/7/2014 11:52:18 PM
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Peach (and Toad, while we're at it) being playable is a nod to the American SMB2. It's not the harbinger of some Nintendo feminist revolution.

I've said since the first multiplayer NSMB that peach should have been playable. It's really stupid that they chose to have two toads instead of one, another character and two, a female character. I'm not some feminist, I just think it would have been a better idea all around.
(Or at least daisy, if they REALLY wanted the "peach is kidnapped" story)
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 Vita PSN: Bernkestel
FFXIV: Bernkastel Kues - Diabolos
#14darkness1018Posted 1/7/2014 11:52:57 PM
No. Just playing as Link is fine. You wanna play as Zelda go play Smash bros.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU
#15HeadEXplodePosted 1/8/2014 11:12:34 AM
Poweranimals posted...
Legend of Zelda is more story focused though. Making Zelda playable would force them to limit personal character growth or force them to make separate dialog for both.

Personal character growth? For who? Link? When does he ever change? Having Zelda playable would allow for more options for character growth since multiple characters to react to means more diverse situations that require different reaction; revealing multiple facets of their personalities. And who cares if more dialogue is needed? It's not like Zelda games are going to be moving into something pricey like voice acting any time soon.
---
"I started thinking, 'maybe the two of us should blow up this house.' You know, just to get back at them for thinking I might blow up this house."