How many of you bought Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut?

#1SwegMsterRaidenPosted 1/7/2014 10:05:24 PM
Just wondering. I might be picking up a Wii U when Smash Bros. comes out. I already have the vanilla version of DX HR on PC and PS3 (forgot to upgrade the PC ver.) and just recently bought DX HR DC on PS3. Anyway, how many of you bought it? Did you guys enjoy the game?
#2Halladay32Posted 1/7/2014 10:08:10 PM
I received it as a gift. I haven't played it yet.
---
Hatred and sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is turn them into strength, and use that strength to move forward.
#3SwegMsterRaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 10:11:09 PM
Halladay32 posted...

PLAY. IT. It is an amazing title! Seriously it's an amazing experience. It should be totally rad with the Wii U gamepad. The PS3 to Vita experience sucks. But I'm pretty sure the Wii U version is leagues ahead of the PS3/360 version because the dual screen feature was developed with Wii U in mind.
#4MBBDarigonPosted 1/7/2014 10:14:53 PM
own vanilla on steam and ps3.. could just upgrade on pc for $5.. don't see a point in buying it unless like $10 on wii u
---
Playing: CoD:Ghosts, Wonderful 101, A Link Between Worlds
http://www.youtube.com/user/darig0n
#5wugeezyPosted 1/7/2014 10:16:22 PM
A game I haven't gotten around to picking up yet. Hopefully soon but my wallet hates me after the holidays.
#6teh1337gosuPosted 1/7/2014 10:18:57 PM
I own both the ps3 and Wii u version, the Wii u version is sharper, better lighting, removes the filter, and the gamepad functionality is implemented very well. I got the Wii u version for $20 because I wouldn't pay more than that for a game I already own.

The reworked boss fights are the biggest improvement. Now you can hack/stealth to progress.

My biggest surprise was that it's noticbly better looking than the ps3 version, there are more particle effecs and textures seem better. I don't know if the resolution is higher, its probably still 720p though.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#7Halladay32Posted 1/7/2014 10:22:57 PM
SwegMsterRaiden posted...
Halladay32 posted...

PLAY. IT. It is an amazing title! Seriously it's an amazing experience. It should be totally rad with the Wii U gamepad. The PS3 to Vita experience sucks. But I'm pretty sure the Wii U version is leagues ahead of the PS3/360 version because the dual screen feature was developed with Wii U in mind.

Yeah, I definitely will in the near future. It's not that I don't want to play it, I just have a bunch of other games that I want to play before it. (In my defense, I got it for Christmas, and that was only two weeks ago!)
---
Hatred and sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is turn them into strength, and use that strength to move forward.
#8656stoogePosted 1/7/2014 10:23:28 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
I own both the ps3 and Wii u version, the Wii u version is sharper, better lighting, removes the filter, and the gamepad functionality is implemented very well. I got the Wii u version for $20 because I wouldn't pay more than that for a game I already own.

The reworked boss fights are the biggest improvement. Now you can hack/stealth to progress.

My biggest surprise was that it's noticbly better looking than the ps3 version, there are more particle effecs and textures seem better. I don't know if the resolution is higher, its probably still 720p though.

Awesome news. Hopefully my copy arrives soon.

The vanilla version was one of the biggest surprises last gen for me. I really expected them to screw it up, but I enjoyed every fraction of a second of it.
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#9teh1337gosuPosted 1/7/2014 10:31:54 PM
656stooge posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

Awesome news. Hopefully my copy arrives soon.

The vanilla version was one of the biggest surprises last gen for me. I really expected them to screw it up, but I enjoyed every fraction of a second of it.

The worst part about the original were the boss fights , and the muppets like animation. Boss fights are fixed, but people still look like muppets when they talk haha. Reminds me of Perfect Dark.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#10diggyfreshPosted 1/7/2014 10:37:11 PM
It's what I'm playing after I finish WWHD.
---
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham Lincoln