Why do people think Miis are worse than Xbox Avatars?

#1ImGanondorfLolPosted 1/10/2014 9:59:05 PM
They may not look as nice, but they have the far more potential to look like the person you're basing them off. I'd instantly recognize all the actors and characters when I'd go to the Mii plaza, and I saved a dozen because of how accurate they are.
---
Number of people who agree Ganondorf should be super overpowered in Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS and have three different movesets: 748
#2VanderZooPosted 1/10/2014 10:02:13 PM
I like that Avatars have an actual body, and you can customise them with clothing. And as you said, they look nicer.

Does the XB1 still use Avatars? I've seen vids of the UI and I've never seen an Avatar on one yet.
---
It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years.
#3SyCo_VeNoMPosted 1/10/2014 10:03:59 PM
cause they like spending money on virtual dress up items to impress their "friends".
#4NintendoXGamesPosted 1/10/2014 10:05:55 PM
I think they're both pointless. I don't really want to use my mii's in a game, and i don't want to buy virtual clothing for an avatar.
#5VanderZooPosted 1/10/2014 10:06:08 PM
But Mii's are better at being more representative of a person's looks.
---
#6VanderZooPosted 1/10/2014 10:09:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
cause they like spending money on virtual dress up items to impress their "friends".

I'm sure Nintendo gamers would do that as well if Nintendo offered the option. If you could accesorise your Mii with the Hyrule shield, Samus's arm cannon or Mario's hat, for $5 each, Mii plaza would be full of them.
---
#7ImGanondorfLol(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 10:26:52 PM
VanderZoo posted...
But Mii's are better at being more representative of a person's looks.

That's why I think they are better. If people really prefer the more regular appearance then whatever, they don't have the same priorities as I do. People are most identifiable by their face, not the clothing they wear, because your clothing is always different.

I'm just annoyed that no one brings up the argument that Miis better represent a person's face.
---
Number of people who agree Ganondorf should be super overpowered in Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS and have three different movesets: 748
#8XD375Posted 1/11/2014 6:09:31 AM
VanderZoo posted...
Does the XB1 still use Avatars? I've seen vids of the UI and I've never seen an Avatar on one yet.

They're not as in-your-face about it anymore, but they do still exist. Avatars are shared across systems, you even get to keep any clothes you bought/won.
#9HayashiTakaraPosted 1/11/2014 6:17:43 AM
The Avatars aren't even utilized properly on the 360, your icon is seen by others 99% of the time, not your avatar, it's just something that's there for the sake of being there.
#10SniperNightOwlPosted 1/11/2014 6:21:52 AM
Because they are?
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
My Pokemon X/Y Battle Spot Matches : www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl