Wii u Gamepad

#1games_pot1Posted 1/13/2014 2:10:27 AM
Can any game be played solely on it? Also, how is it possible to play a game like Mario 3D on it? Graphics are simplistic but good. Thanks.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 1/13/2014 3:02:49 AM(edited)
its different per game. some games do offscreen play, some don't.
some use the controller as a minimap, and then can do offscreen too (sonic lost world) and some just display a duplicate image on the controller at all times, and have poor functionality and usage of the controller (mario 3d world) or some have multiple functionalities, offscreen play optionally, maps, inventory, and item management with full on touch controls, and are all elaborate and really show off what the controller can do (windwaker hd)
#3ninjaa1Posted 1/13/2014 3:31:40 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
its different per game. some games do offscreen play, some don't.
some use the controller as a minimap, and then can do offscreen too (sonic lost world) and some just display a duplicate image on the controller at all times, and have poor functionality and usage of the controller (mario 3d world) or some have multiple functionalities, offscreen play optionally, maps, inventory, and item management with full on touch controls, and are all elaborate and really show off what the controller can do (windwaker hd)

So true... I've been playing WWHD on only the gamepad up until the second dungeon...Not only does it look awesome on the TV, the gamepad really shines here

Can someone tell me if I'm able to play MH on the gamepad? I do a lot of playing on the gamepad but I didn't see the option (pressed minus). I got NSMBU bundle and only had that update, I haven't had internet in my home for a while
#4games_pot1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 3:36:24 AM
Yeah it's in the options menu.