GamePad is a Controller not a Peripheral.

#1QlJGamerPosted 1/13/2014 8:08:27 PM
Packaging the Wii U without a GamePad is like selling a PlayStation 4 without DualShock 4. Wii without Wii Remote. Xbox One without Xbox One Controller. The GamePad is a CONTROLLER. It is not an add-on Peripheral or minor accessory you can added to the Wii U. It is the Wii U main controller, every game is built with the Wii U GamePad as an option. You know why??? It is the main controller of the system. It comes with the ecosystem which is called Wii U.

Do people know how stupid they sound when they say Nintendo should release Wii U without the Wii U GamePad. Gamepad is just another name for controller. Wii U Controller shouldn't be bundled in the Wii U????

Have you been on the Wii U lately ALL its apps revolve around the GamePad, its literally the Sun in Wii U land. Who thinks of this stuff? And you really think Nintendo is going to drop the price to below 199.99 :0 They are charging that for 3DSs... really really.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#2donkeyjackPosted 1/13/2014 10:35:10 PM
Agreed
---
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob0ptt27X1qd7kg2o1_500.gif
#3LightHawKnightPosted 1/13/2014 10:37:42 PM
Uh, trolls don't use logic very well.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4demesjos2Posted 1/13/2014 10:40:07 PM
It may be a controller, but it's a gimmick that didn't catch on and drove the cost of the Wii-U up. There is a reason that the Wii-U is taking losses on the hardware and it's the gamepad. It should have been an addon from the get go but it's too late for that now.
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 1/13/2014 10:42:37 PM(edited)
the wii u gamepad is just a gimmick that they put at the forefront to get more people to utilize it, the main game controller is the wii u pro controller. they knew full well if it was the other way around and the wii u pro controller came with the wii u, very few would go and buy the tablet controller for 80 dollars separately. they would of ignored it, and rightfully so.
#6Stanger5150Posted 1/13/2014 10:42:28 PM
While I do agree to an extent, I prefer the feel of the Pro Controller. It's the most comfortable controller I've held in my hands since the Genesis 6 button.

It's a very overlooked controller IMO, and I think it's far better than the Dualshock and XBOX One controller. I think it's the best controller in over 20 years.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
Playing: NES, SMS, GB, Genesis, SNES, PS1, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, iOS, PS3, 3DS Wii U
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 1/13/2014 10:42:38 PM
demesjos2 posted...
It may be a controller, but it's a gimmick that didn't catch on and drove the cost of the Wii-U up. There is a reason that the Wii-U is taking losses on the hardware and it's the gamepad. It should have been an addon from the get go but it's too late for that now.

Obviously it would've done better as an add-on because... because you have no idea how any of this works.

And wow, drove up the cost, what, $50? And the PS4 is selling at $400? Yeah, obviously the GamePad is the problem.
#8muffinmasherPosted 1/13/2014 10:42:44 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the wii u gamepad is just a gimmick that they put at the forefront to get more people to utilize it, the main game controller is the wii u pro controller

-Main Controller
-Packaged with the console

Pick one.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 1/13/2014 10:43:13 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
While I do agree to an extent, I prefer the feel of the Pro Controller. It's the most comfortable controller I've held in my hands since the Genesis 6 button.

It's a very overlooked controller IMO, and I think it's far better than the Dualshock and XBOX One controller. I think it's the best controller in over 20 years.

its not overlooked, the black ones always sold out. i had to get mine on nintendo's shop.
#10STN79Posted 1/13/2014 10:43:51 PM
Yeah not to mention the Gamepad is the only controller that can access the eshop and alot of games aren't even playable without it. Try playing resident evil revelations or the Ducktales remake without it and get back to me. Some people don't even understand how the damn thing works. It's part of the system.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"