GamePad is a Controller not a Peripheral.

#11AhnoldDoodPosted 1/13/2014 10:43:54 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the wii u gamepad is just a gimmick that they put at the forefront to get more people to utilize it, the main game controller is the wii u pro controller.

That's why its negated to Multiplayer Controller and some games flat out don't use it for the main game! Yup!
#12Stanger5150Posted 1/13/2014 10:45:50 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
While I do agree to an extent, I prefer the feel of the Pro Controller. It's the most comfortable controller I've held in my hands since the Genesis 6 button.

It's a very overlooked controller IMO, and I think it's far better than the Dualshock and XBOX One controller. I think it's the best controller in over 20 years.

its not overlooked, the black ones always sold out. i had to get mine on nintendo's shop.

Good point... I had to get a white one. But it was worth it because it really is an amazing controller. You just don't see it mentioned much when other boards talk about "best current gen controller".
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
Playing: NES, SMS, GB, Genesis, SNES, PS1, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, iOS, PS3, 3DS Wii U
#13demesjos2Posted 1/13/2014 10:54:30 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
demesjos2 posted...
It may be a controller, but it's a gimmick that didn't catch on and drove the cost of the Wii-U up. There is a reason that the Wii-U is taking losses on the hardware and it's the gamepad. It should have been an addon from the get go but it's too late for that now.

Obviously it would've done better as an add-on because... because you have no idea how any of this works.

And wow, drove up the cost, what, $50? And the PS4 is selling at $400? Yeah, obviously the GamePad is the problem.

It was said to cost over 100 to replace. The wii-u is the first consul that Nintendo decided to take losses on with to try and get market penetration like Sony and MS. Were are those losses coming from? The costs of manufacturing and rd into the gamepad.
#14Retroxgamer0Posted 1/13/2014 10:55:45 PM(edited)
i agree that the wii u pro controllers the best controller ever made, but i dont feel the need to put that out there much, because i already know anyone whos anyone will be buying one to play smashbros on it anyways. its more easily accessible to get a white wii u pro controller than it is the high capacity battery that some ppl dont even know exists for the wii u pad and is only sold exclusively through nintendo.
#15AhnoldDoodPosted 1/13/2014 10:56:43 PM
demesjos2 posted...
It was said to cost over 100 to replace. The wii-u is the first consul that Nintendo decided to take losses on with to try and get market penetration like Sony and MS. Were are those losses coming from? The costs of manufacturing and rd into the gamepad.

So because they're taking losses, they should immediately remove that new thing.

I guess when Sony was making losses on the PS3, they should've just discontinued the original model and resell it without the Blu-Ray! No, wait, they didn't, because they aren't stupid.
#16Stanger5150Posted 1/13/2014 11:04:21 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
i agree that the wii u pro controllers the best controller ever made, but i dont feel the need to put that out there much, because i already know anyone whos anyone will be buying one to play smashbros on it anyways. its more easily accessible to get a white wii u pro controller than it is the high capacity battery that some ppl dont even know exists for the wii u pad and is only sold exclusively through nintendo.

God damn I can't wait to play Smash with this thing! And Mario Kart!
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
Playing: NES, SMS, GB, Genesis, SNES, PS1, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, iOS, PS3, 3DS Wii U
#17demesjos2Posted 1/13/2014 11:05:24 PM
My point is that they decided to go with a very expensive controller that drove the costs of their system up to the point they were not able to use their typical strategy of selling the hardware at a PROFIT. They wanted to capture the tablet craze and it backfired. The Wii-U's other tech is slightly better than the 360/Ps3. If they would have bundled the Pro controller, which is a very comfortable and well designed controller and sold the system initially at around 300 they would not have incurred the losses they did. The gamepad was a financially bad decision on Nintendo's part. At this point it's too late and hind sight is 20/20. What other system has caused Nintendo to suffer operating losses? None.
#18Stanger5150Posted 1/13/2014 11:05:29 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
demesjos2 posted...

So because they're taking losses, they should immediately remove that new thing.

I guess when Sony was making losses on the PS3, they should've just discontinued the original model and resell it without the Blu-Ray! No, wait, they didn't, because they aren't stupid.

No, but they did discontinue PS2 BC models.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782