ANOTHER Game dev debunks the Eurogamer article.

#211MaciverPosted 1/15/2014 9:43:58 AM
shaunme posted...
you do realise that if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is.

LOL this is class! Anymore jokes?
---
Junior Soprano "You Never Had the Makings of a Varsity Athlete"
Wii-U addy BEADYMINK.
#212shaunmePosted 1/15/2014 9:52:28 AM
Maciver posted...
shaunme posted...
you do realise that if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is.

LOL this is class! Anymore jokes?

"The cpu hasn't been important in gamjng since quake"
---
Nintendo Hater http://i.imgur.com/ZpP0EsD.jpg plea se understand cat mario..please understand kranky kong..please understand....china
NNID:shaunme1
#213diggyfreshPosted 1/15/2014 10:58:59 AM
That Eurogamer article was a low blow. They reported on old news and used an anonymous source.
---
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham Lincoln
#214AyobroPosted 1/15/2014 11:05:31 AM
diggyfresh posted...
That Eurogamer article was a low blow. They reported on old news and used an anonymous source.

seriously, they have to dig up anonymous artcles to bash Nintendo lol
#215DiscostewSMPosted 1/15/2014 11:12:43 AM
Solis posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb464139.aspx

For example, 10 MB of EDRAM is enough to hold two 1280720 32-bit surfaces with no multisample antialiasing (MSAA) or two 640480 4 MSAA 32-bit surfaces. However, a 1280720 2 MSAA 32-bits-per-pixel render target is 7,372,800 bytes. Combined with a 32-bit Z/stencil buffer of the same dimensions, it becomes apparent that 10 MB might not be sufficient.

Seems to me my formulas are pretty darn close. The fact that they made the insufficiency remark leads me to believe that these buffers must be held in eDRAM, else they would have mentioned it.

Well, considering that the very article supports my statement (a 1280x720 render image with 2xMSAA is 7,372,800 bytes, so without antialiasing it would be 3,686,400, and then the depth buffer would effectively double that back to 7,372,800 which comes out to 7.03125MB, which is EXACTLY the number I came out to in my equation), I'm not sure how you take that to mean that it's not large enough for a 720p framebuffer. Why exactly are you going by the assumption that 2xMSAA is always going to be used?

I had to do more research since you didn't feel the need to back up your claim, but you are correct that the display buffer can reside in main memory, as the purpose of having the eDRAM in the 360 was to remove the render target and z-buffer bandwidth away from the main memory bandwidth equation. But, that still puts this into perspective of 360 ports to Wii U performing poorly if they are not taking advantage of the Wii U's eDRAM to hold all the buffers, because Wii U's main RAM bandwidth is roughly 43% slower than the 360's main RAM, effectively cutting into that bandwidth that could be used for other things.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#216AyobroPosted 1/15/2014 11:16:49 AM
RAM is provided by Samsung :d
#217Omega_BlackPosted 1/15/2014 11:17:39 AM
shaunme posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
shaunme posted...
what could be the cause of all these games running worse than 360/ps3 versions

oh yeah LAZY DEVS.

Exactly. Or do you still honestly believe that despite the fact that Pikmin and Mario run fantastically, that Arkham Origins' lag and removal of multiplayer is all Nintendo's fault?

A game originally destined for the wii and a mario game that looks good because of its art style not because its technically impressive both run stable AT 720P

WOW
Funny you state that because a Miiverse poster by the name of Casper goes into an enormous amount of detail on the many features, effects, and overall technical merits of Super Mario 3D World's graphical engine across numerous installments.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnbjvraBw
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#218xoftheuniversePosted 1/15/2014 12:46:43 PM
shaunme posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...
shaunme posted...

*rolls eyes* "weak"? Typical drivel. This is exactly what is wrong with the current gaming industry and community. You don't have to have graphics that look real enough to touch to make a good game, and in fact it makes the games worse a good portion of the time due to the amount of effort required just for those jaw dropping HD graphics being a focus instead of GAMEPLAY. The truth is that the system has lost third party support because of these ideas which are stupid, and the world economy being shot. Third party companies are afraid of going bankrupt so they only want to invest time in sure things.

4.2 million ps4s sold and 3 million xb1s say the economy is not doing that bad.

Did you really just type that? This is pure ignorance. I was talking about businesses. I know you're trolling but seriously you just stated that the world economy is doing well when it CLEARLY isn't.
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#219DTY3Posted 1/15/2014 12:51:28 PM
xoftheuniverse posted...
shaunme posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...
shaunme posted...

*rolls eyes* "weak"? Typical drivel. This is exactly what is wrong with the current gaming industry and community. You don't have to have graphics that look real enough to touch to make a good game, and in fact it makes the games worse a good portion of the time due to the amount of effort required just for those jaw dropping HD graphics being a focus instead of GAMEPLAY. The truth is that the system has lost third party support because of these ideas which are stupid, and the world economy being shot. Third party companies are afraid of going bankrupt so they only want to invest time in sure things.

Did you really just type that? This is pure ignorance. I was talking about businesses. I know you're trolling but seriously you just stated that the world economy is doing well when it CLEARLY isn't.

Don't bother. He has no clue about what he's talking about half the time. He just likes trying to rile people up by saying irrelevant things to take the attention away from his mistakes

(4.2 million please understand SALTY)

^
|
|
Typical post from him.
---
Sonic Lost World Silent Forest Zone 1 USA Record:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKla-WiSyg
#220ZeroArcheryPosted 1/15/2014 1:02:29 PM
shaunme posted...

You are going into my signature, good post.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua