Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World?

#11chex81Posted 1/16/2014 9:55:55 AM
WORLD

I loved 3 as well, but World was the first game i beat 10+ times
---
gt/psn: chex81
#12Stanger5150Posted 1/16/2014 9:59:56 AM
SMB 3 by a long shot. Just an opinion, but I think SMB 3 has better power ups and a better, more diverse atmosphere. I also think it has much better music. To this day, I think it's the best Mario game ever made, and the second best platformer ever. First place goes to DKC 2.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
Playing: NES, SMS, GB, Genesis, SNES, PS1, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, iOS, PS3, 3DS Wii U
#13zalmutePosted 1/16/2014 10:00:25 AM
Love them both but world just felt perfect from a control stand point.
---
This gen devs will bleed, but its ok, 8 gb gddr5 right?
Xbox one + WiiU = U-One.
#14Ryan SiPosted 1/16/2014 10:55:24 AM
Both are great, but I have to go with SMB3.

stargazer64 posted...
World! More fun, longer levels, better graphics, more interesting secrets and secret levels

Eh, the "All-Stars" version fixes that. I still have my NES copy of SMB3, but I generally play my Wii copy of SM:AS since it's hooked up and more colorful graphics.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC), Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), The Last Story (Wii)
#15DrumguyPosted 1/16/2014 11:23:54 AM
I like 3 more.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#16SyCo_VeNoMPosted 1/16/2014 11:24:46 AM
stargazer64 posted...
World! More fun, longer levels, better graphics, more interesting secrets and secret levels
#17manmousePosted 1/16/2014 11:45:27 AM
both are two of the best games ever made.

but if i had to pick my favorite, it'd be SMB3.

-SMB3's setting is more unique (all the screws, pullies, wooden floors, odd props and handmade aesthetics) and varied between vastly different environments like the original Grass Land, then Egyptian deserts and pyramids and cave interiors, then Water World with its underwater levels and more tropical island levels, then Giant Land where everything is supersized (and you get that cool level where the doors allow you to change the size), then Sky Land with both its ground portion and then the palace that you climb to get into the cloudy levels way up in the sky, then the Ice World and all its great beauty, and then Pipe Maze and its retro original Mario Bros arcade style where there are lots of dark sewers and worlds covered in pipes with clever little mazes and such when using them. and then of course finally Bowser's world with the usual flames and darkness, and also an army of tanks and ships.
and in addition, the castles in SMB3 are really varied, some being classic typical stone castles with lava, some being more palace-like with lots of blue walls and black-white tiled floors. and then every world has an airship, and the airships all look really cool and differently colored.

whereas SMWorld really doesn't diverge often from forests, grasslands, caves, and water levels. then there's one or two dirt levels, and a couple icey caves. and some levels are at night and there's of course the usual castles. beyond that, SMW doesn't really use its graphical advantage to do many interesting things, and same goes for the music. on one hand it uses a more complex process for its time, with the music changing for being on or off Yoshi, but the songs themselves are just as varied, if not less varied, than SMB3's songs on NES. i like Koji Kondo, but they really phoned it in for SMWorld, same for SMW2:Yoshi's Island even, and that game had far more tech behind it.

and of course SMB3's powerups are so diverse. aside from the mushroom, there's Fire Flower, Leaf, full Tanooki, Frog, P-Wing, and Hammer Bros. and then items like the Cloud, Music Box, Whistle, Hammer, storable Starman. while SMW just has Fire Flower and Cape.

of course while both have some of the coolest secrets for platformers til today, gotta give it to World for the best secrets by far. and Yoshi is incredible, especially with his different color variations and ability to eat shells for powers. SMW is AMAZING, definitely not putting it down, it's just that in the end i prefer SMB3.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#18donkeyjackPosted 1/16/2014 1:56:46 PM
SMW but I prefer SMB3
---
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob0ptt27X1qd7kg2o1_500.gif
#19snake_5036Posted 1/16/2014 3:14:02 PM
I personally preferred SMB3, but they're both excellent games.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#20smkorvettePosted 1/16/2014 3:14:58 PM
SMB3, honestly might be my favorite game of all time
---
Currently Playing: SM3DW, Donkey Kong Country Returns, MH3U