Anyone else just really want Animal Crossing?

#11Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/16/2014 6:06:00 PM
Not until they bring back Buzz.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#12Nostalgia_3Posted 1/16/2014 6:06:04 PM
Nostalgia_3 posted...
New Link posted...
Nostalgia_3 posted...
Considering there was a five year gap between City Folk and New Leaf, I wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

Will there be one eventually? Probably.

I don't understand this "once means always" logical fallacy that people cling to.

Animal Forest was released in 2001 for the N64.

3 Year Gap

Animal Crossing, an upgraded port of Animal Forest, was released in 2004 for the gamecube.

1 Year Gap

Animal Crossing Wild World was released for the DS in 2005

3 Year Gap

Animal Crossing City Folk was released for Wii in 2008

5 Year Gap

Animal Crossing New Leaf was released for 3DS in 2013.

5 games over 12 years with an average of 3 years between releases.

Ignoring the fact that Animal Crossing GCN was released in the US in 2002, you'll notice that the only small gap was between Animal Crossing GCN and Wild World.

Note that Animal Crossing GCN was just an enhanced (may be wrong about this) port, so it may actually be better to consider the gap between Animal Crossing 64 and Wild World, a full four years, which is more in line with the 3-year and 5-year gap.

Besides, game development on newer tech takes longer.

Probably obvious, but by Animal Crossing 64, I meant Animal Forest. I always forget the Japanese versions have a different name. Doesn't change my point, though.
---
3DSXL FC: 2836 - 0193 - 0249.
#13New LinkPosted 1/16/2014 6:10:23 PM(edited)
VirtuaSnipa posted...
New Link posted...
Nostalgia_3 posted...
Considering there was a five year gap between City Folk and New Leaf, I wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

I don't understand this "once means always" logical fallacy that people cling to.

3 Year Gap

Animal Crossing, an upgraded port of Animal Forest, was released in 2004 for the gamecube.

1 Year Gap

3 Year Gap

5 Year Gap

actually the gamecube version came out in 2001 in japan and 2002 in america. You said 2004 so i'm assuming you're in europe.

Not exactly. Animal Forest (N64) was released in 2001, it was ported to gamecube in 2001 as "animal forest+" to take advantage of the internal clock. The game was popular and went under an immense translation period and in doing so, they added several new holidays and items. This upgraded version was released in 2003/2004 known as Animal Crossing. The improvements impressed NoJ so much that they translated NoA's version back to japanese and released it in 2003. It was known as "Animal Forest e+" and is the same game as Animal Crossing.

edit: doh! after writing all that i notice i read what you wrote wrong... I did not know the NA version came out in 2002. We'll call this a mental glitch. Consider the pount completely moot aside from the bit about japan's tripple release of the game.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#14GuyFawkes5Posted 1/16/2014 6:11:30 PM
I posted pretty much the same few months back. AC has been a title on a lot of Nintendo's systems, so I can't see why a AN will NOT hit Wiii U.

Ill be getting my first 3DS this weekend an plan on getting ACNL as one of the 1st games, but I will so pre-order an AC title for Wii U
---
2+2=5
#15Rival_Blue_1999Posted 1/16/2014 6:26:04 PM
Nostalgia_3 posted...
New Link posted...
Nostalgia_3 posted...

3 Year Gap

1 Year Gap

3 Year Gap

5 Year Gap

Ignoring the fact that Animal Crossing GCN was released in the US in 2002, you'll notice that the only small gap was between Animal Crossing GCN and Wild World.

Note that Animal Crossing GCN was just an enhanced (may be wrong about this) port, so it may actually be better to consider the gap between Animal Crossing 64 and Wild World, a full four years, which is more in line with the 3-year and 5-year gap.

Besides, game development on newer tech takes longer.

You're correct on that. The GCN version of Animal Crossing is an enhanced version of the Japanese released Animal Forest for N64.
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#16Mr_YoojPosted 1/16/2014 6:28:27 PM
I just hope that whenever it comes to Wii U it doesnt up as City Folk did... that being just New Leaf on a console. (Though tbh id buy it anyway)
---
Boo for U
~Super Smash U~
#17MiltonFinkPosted 1/16/2014 6:48:08 PM
No. loved the first game but there have been no worthwhile updates to it since. I played new leaf and i think it just plays it ways too safe to an insulting degree really. Until they are willing to step outside of their comfort zone and give us something more than the bare bones experience, i'm not interested in any more titles in this franchise.
---
Proud To be a Wii U owner.
#18thepixelgardenPosted 1/16/2014 7:01:49 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Yeah. I really don't like handheld gaming, so I'm wanting AC on the Wii U.

Yeah, this.
#19FullMetalPanicPosted 1/16/2014 8:06:33 PM
As much as I absolutely love New Leaf, typing during wifi is a pain, and wifi is a HUGE part of the fun for me. Pretty sure we'll be able to use voice chat & usb keyboard for the Wii U version, and that will make the game more talk-friendly. Oh yeah, plus 1st Animal Crossing in HD, can't wait.
---
[_NNID_] PowerBerry [_PSN_] MrCiel [_3DS_] Ciel [2062.9168.6736]
*~ACNL town: Teaberry~*
#20Snow-DustPosted 1/16/2014 9:53:23 PM
What's with the 5 year gap talk about from city folks to new leaf?

It's simply one game for each console and wii and 3ds had a wide gap because of the 2 consoles launch date difference and the development time for the game