There's like barely any "import only" games for the Wii U

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 1/16/2014 4:57:28 PM
Compared to other systems like the PS2, NDS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, PS3, Wii etc

Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing due to region lock.....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2Mandrew257Posted 1/16/2014 4:58:38 PM
I'd rather there be NO import only games. I don't want to have to buy a JP Wii U, just to play a couple games.
---
"Women be shoppin" -The Farmer
#3Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 6:37:02 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
I'd rather there be NO import only games. I don't want to have to buy a JP Wii U, just to play a couple games.

I know thats why I said not sure.

One thing its good to not to have to do that

But on the other hand, it means the Wii U library is weak and undesirable for developers to want to make games for it.....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4Kart_KrazyPosted 1/16/2014 7:01:09 PM
Remember when the Korean 3DS eShop released JP/NA games as import titles and let people buy at their own risk of not being able to understand it, since there were limited Korean translated 3DS games at retail? Wish they'd do that here.

I think it was the Korean eShop. The link is too deep to fish out of my history.
---
3DS: 5284-1428-8156 (Sammy); NNID: YearOfTheWooster
Play/msg me! 3DS: Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon X! | Wii U: Blops2
#5BongbuddyPosted 1/16/2014 7:11:37 PM
Just a note, PS4 and Xbox One are region free. Way to stay forward thinking Nintendo.
---
GT: HeavyMetalSonic
#6Bat178Posted 1/16/2014 8:53:15 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
Just a note, PS4 and Xbox One are region free. Way to stay forward thinking Nintendo.

But the PS4 and Xbox One aren't backwards compatible. The Wii U is. Way to stay forward thinking Sony and Microsoft.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#7RazzbberryPosted 1/16/2014 8:54:56 PM
Bat178 posted...
Bongbuddy posted...

But the PS4 and Xbox One aren't backwards compatible. The Wii U is. Way to stay forward thinking Sony and Microsoft.

You do realize why they aren't BC and the Wii U is, right?
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#8HorrorSindicatePosted 1/16/2014 9:00:47 PM
Yakuza HD I guess???

Hoping this gen will see the return of SPIKE/HUMAN's Puro Games but they're likely to be Sony or 3DS at this point.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#9Dannyson97Posted 1/16/2014 9:11:49 PM
Razzbberry posted...
Bat178 posted...
Bongbuddy posted...

You do realize why they aren't BC and the Wii U is, right?

Because Microsoft wanted to our money into the Kinect that nobody wanted instead of BC, and Sony don't know why they didn't. Would've been a final nail in the coffin for Microsoft.
---
I am a Christian and proud!
The moderators do exist! Murderstorm, Izraeil, Koffsyrup are in purgatory!
#10MasterPokerPosted 1/16/2014 9:38:51 PM
There's already two that I want, so I'd challenge that premise.

Puyo Puyo Tetris, due out February 6th in Japan.

San Goku Shi 12 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12), already out in two versions, standard and expansion.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande