Nintendo lowers Wii U sales forcast from 9M to 2,8M and more #itbegins

#261Lefty128kPosted 1/23/2014 4:56:16 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
How much do they have so far?

Less then 2.8 million, obviously.
#262CompassPosted 1/23/2014 11:06:06 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Compass posted...
Twisted up? Your epic fanboyism delights me to no end. Sometimes I'll be driving or something, and I'll suddenly remember: "invented a new energy source," and chuckle quietly to myself.

True story.

Epic are the long years you waited to strike from under the bridge.

Legendary Trap Door Troll.

What? I waited? I was laughing at you on the Vita board pretty much daily (along with many others) before you fled in shame. You had me on ignore due to butthurt.

lol.
#263Lefty128kPosted 1/23/2014 1:57:47 PM
Compass posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Compass posted...
Twisted up? Your epic fanboyism delights me to no end. Sometimes I'll be driving or something, and I'll suddenly remember: "invented a new energy source," and chuckle quietly to myself.

True story.

Epic are the long years you waited to strike from under the bridge.

Legendary Trap Door Troll.

What? I waited? I was laughing at you on the Vita board pretty much daily (along with many others) before you fled in shame. You had me on ignore due to butthurt.

lol.

Yes, you obsessed over me for two years.

When I didn't come back you made your paltry trolling sig.

When I got you modded as a troll for it you decided to stalk me here and rabidly attack.

Your cork got popped....LOL.
#264CompassPosted 1/23/2014 7:02:59 PM
That's also my go-to example when someone doesn't understand fanboyism. It came up a couple months ago with a less internet savvy friend: "I've heard of fanboys, I don't understand what they are."

"Well, sit back, and allow ol' Comps to regale you with a spicy tale of criminally gougey, slow-ass memory cards, and the desperate, frantic Sony fanboy who damage controlled them by likening them to Sony 'inventing a new energy source.' While being 100% serious."

Needless to say, enlightenment and many lulz were had once he was convinced I wasn't joshing him, that this was an actual event.
#265Lefty128kPosted 1/24/2014 3:45:32 AM
Compass posted...
That's also my go-to example when someone doesn't understand fanboyism. It came up a couple months ago with a less internet savvy friend: "I've heard of fanboys, I don't understand what they are."

"Well, sit back, and allow ol' Comps to regale you with a spicy tale of criminally gougey, slow-ass memory cards, and the desperate, frantic Sony fanboy who damage controlled them by likening them to Sony 'inventing a new energy source.' While being 100% serious."

Needless to say, enlightenment and many lulz were had once he was convinced I wasn't joshing him, that this was an actual event.

Babble on.
#266chubbychaserPosted 1/24/2014 7:25:44 AM
Lefty128k posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

If they are expecting to sell 9 millions, is that mean there are more than 6 million unwanted Wii U out there in the wild now. Wow. At this rate they can stop Wii U production for more than 2 years and still have plenty of Wii U to sell.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#267ssjgohhkuPosted 1/24/2014 7:28:38 AM
Lefty128k posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

But how much exactly?
#268EoinPosted 1/24/2014 7:41:24 AM
chubbychaser posted...
If they are expecting to sell 9 millions, is that mean there are more than 6 million unwanted Wii U out there in the wild now.

They are probably sitting on a lot of Wii U consoles, but not anywhere near 6m. They wouldn't be ordering on a yearly basis. If they reacted to the lower-than-expected sales fast enough, they'd have kept the amount of consoles that they had ordered down to a much lower number.

They most likely do still have quite a lot of consoles sitting in their inventory and that means that they almost certainly are not ordering production runs on a regular basis. That will in turn mean that the production runs that they do place will be more expensive (worst case, they may be subject to underutilisation penalties). They may be stockpiling components since it's difficult to coordinate orders of various components across the world in batches of millions. Even if they're suffering through all of that, though, it's still not as bad as sitting on 6m consoles would be.
#269Lefty128kPosted 1/24/2014 12:31:01 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
Lefty128k posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

But how much exactly?

I don't do question, lead, question, lead bull ****.

Make your point if you actually have one.
#270ssjgohhkuPosted 1/25/2014 8:56:44 AM
Lefty128k posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Lefty128k posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

But how much exactly?

I don't do question, lead, question, lead bull ****.

Make your point if you actually have one.

But how much exactly?