Why doesnt nintendo make a "super ds" for the Wii U?

#1solosnakePosted 1/17/2014 10:25:11 PM
It seems like it should be fairly simple to implement and could potentially get them some more sales. Id love the opportunity to play the giant catalog of DS games on the big screen. They could even include 3ds games too, if they wanted, albeit without the 3d effect.
---
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://thankyouchrishansen.com/
#2DreTam2000Posted 1/17/2014 10:33:00 PM
I stated in another thread that this should be done.

They should release a cord or device that makes it possible to play DS games through the Wii U on one's television screen. Then they could create an option that allows a person the choice between having their split screens both appear on the television screen, or to have the game's main screen on the television with the second DS screen displayed through the gamepad.

The DS sold roughly 155 million units. There's a huge amount of DS folks who would love to experience their games again on the big screen. It would most surely move units.

I advise against making the option available for 3DS games, though. Because then Nintendo wouldn't have anything saved for later in the subsequent generation.
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 1/17/2014 11:00:58 PM
DreTam2000 posted...
I advise against making the option available for 3DS games, though. Because then Nintendo wouldn't have anything saved for later in the subsequent generation.

The next console probably won't have a touchscreen controller. I'd say it's a case of now or never as playing games with the gamepad's bigger touchscreen is better than using a 3DS as a controller and just looking up at the TV.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#4Baha05Posted 1/17/2014 11:02:12 PM
Because the DS is old tech and the resolution would be really bad?
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/17/2014 11:09:32 PM
It wouldn't be any worse than Virtual Console games.

I made a topic yesterday on an idea for this. The 3DS XU, a free to download program that allows a nearby 3DS to be wirelessly connected to a Wii U, such that it can be played and viewed through the Wii U on the TV and GamePad. That'd be pretty sweet. It'd make the Wii U more attractive without cannibalizing the 3DS, you wouldn't be restricted to playing games on one or the other, and there'd be no issues with game saves between systems since it would all just be a remote function of the 3DS.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6its_mattPosted 1/17/2014 11:10:44 PM
Baha05 posted...

Yes, even 3ds games would look pretty bad when blown up to full a modern TV screen size. Vita can get away with it
#7crazyray47Posted 1/17/2014 11:12:53 PM
its_matt posted...
Baha05 posted...

Yes, even 3ds games would look pretty bad when blown up to full a modern TV screen size. Vita can get away with it

I hooked up some old gb games to my 70 inch.. it was HORRIBLE.
#8Baha05Posted 1/17/2014 11:14:10 PM
crazyray47 posted...
I hooked up some old gb games to my 70 inch.. it was HORRIBLE.

Yeah hell playing some PS1 classics look like Ass. I think only 8-16 bit games can really get away with HDTVs
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#9TwilightRaverPosted 1/17/2014 11:18:37 PM
The SNES and GameCube both had ways of playing Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games on their consoles. To bring something similar to the Wii U would be a nice boon, to see your handheld games up on the big screen, and with the advent of the dual screen technology that the DS and 3DS have, that can be replicated with the GamePad. Imagine, what if you could play 3DS games that required the Circle Pad Pro using the GamePad? Or just 3DS games in general? And to play most Nintendo DS games (I say most because there are like a few games that require you to close the system at some point, or some games are played by turning the system on its side) would be cool too. It'd give some variety for players to play through games on the go and then see it up on bigger screens if desired.
---
Finding the way to the dawn. Liberate this guilty conscience and clear my name.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026.-