Nintendo Directs are the worst idea ever

#1Megamushroom666Posted 1/19/2014 7:47:56 PM
Who ever thought that Nintendo Directs were a good idea? They mainly target Nintendo fans, people who probably already have a Wii U. It's literally preaching to the choir. Instead of reaching out to new gamers, they stay within the 'Nintendo circle' and accomplish nothing.
#2mahboiPosted 1/19/2014 7:50:28 PM(edited)
Nintendo Directs in general are a good idea.
Making a Direct in place of an E3 conference is not.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 68
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#3FayeLadyPosted 1/19/2014 7:51:20 PM
Of course its a bad idea for it to be the only marketing they do, but thats not the case.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#4JobocanPosted 1/19/2014 7:55:05 PM
mahboi posted...

How so? It gets the same information across, in a faster and less boring manner (the last few years of E3 conferences for all 3 companies have been painful to watch). It's pretty much doing exactly the same thing as an E3 conference. It's not like gaming sites didn't report on the E3 Direct. So there's literally 0 difference from before.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#5aiyobroPosted 1/19/2014 7:57:07 PM
Jobocan posted...
mahboi posted...

How so? It gets the same information across, in a faster and less boring manner (the last few years of E3 conferences for all 3 companies have been painful to watch). It's pretty much doing exactly the same thing as an E3 conference. It's not like gaming sites didn't report on the E3 Direct. So there's literally 0 difference from before.

e3 isn't for the general public anyway, it's for tech creeps mainly
---
"That's a Blu Ray player, not a PS3, that's why it can't read the game"-rswsc0407
#6FayeLadyPosted 1/19/2014 8:01:29 PM
Jobocan posted...
mahboi posted...

There is little difference to the fans, whom aren't attending E3 anyway. They don't care where Nintendo addresses them from. It does make a difference to the attendees, and how they are viewed in the industry.

Keep in mind if you are willing to tune in to what is basically a prerecorded infomercial, you probably are not a sample of the average consumer. Most people don't see these things.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7DorotimusWitikPosted 1/19/2014 8:02:37 PM
I don't think it makes a difference whether they do it through directs or through major press events. The information gets disseminated to people who care about it anyway whether it's through blogs or whatever.
#8Marcster1994Posted 1/19/2014 8:07:29 PM
Yeah, it's not like other gaming websites post all of the information from the Directs or something.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deviljhohoho
#9EasterEggHunterPosted 1/19/2014 8:10:33 PM
It still reaches a huge audience though, and its a good way to keep us informed with games. Keep in mind they post it on youtube and the 3ds eshop, so the 40 million 3ds users will see it too and may be more interested to buy a wii u.
---
This signature is one of my greatest accomplishments.....Brick Road
The internet in a nutshell: http://youtu.be/_mDFwJL2Xus
#10huyiPosted 1/19/2014 10:07:44 PM
I prefer the Nintendo directs, it keeps us up to date with thier progress and the latest news too, anyone with a youtube account can watch them or subscribe to them if they wanted.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ