Nintendo Directs are the worst idea ever

#21krystylaPosted 1/23/2014 5:18:07 AM
They should at least get Iwata a stand so he's in more than half the picture
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#22Skill4ReelPosted 1/23/2014 5:18:25 AM
I predict that the so called "professional" gaming media won't be necessary at all anymore in the near future. All hardware manufacturers will need to speak to their fans directly. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Nintendo not being happy with how mainstream gaming media covered their products that led them to doing their Directs in the first place? I remember hearing stories from last years E3 about Nintendo developers on the show floor begging the gaming press to please be nice when talking about their games. LOL.

Now those requests from the Nintendo devs could have been made jokingly, and taken completely out of context. To be honest though. I prefer the Directs as I don't want to hear some pimply faced, wet behind the ears college kid who just got his first job reviewing video games snarky opinionated remarks about what he thinks of Nintendo when I get my games coverage. The same goes for the old, cranky, jaded, "Nintendo abandoned me because I'm hardcore" typical journalist. Just tell me what games are coming out, show some game play footage, and shut up. Nintendo Directs do this very well, and they also present in a pleasant manner in which I appreciate.
#23GencoilPosted 1/23/2014 5:19:19 AM
TC, what would you have Nintendo do instead?
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#24AceMosPosted 1/23/2014 7:49:44 AM
i stoped carign about E3 when it started having a music consert instead of talking about games

when it started to have famus ppl fumble around trying to act like a gamer ect

i will take a nintendo direct over that any day
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#25RPGrinderPosted 1/23/2014 7:52:54 AM
They are a great idea, shut up
#26BatoideusPosted 1/23/2014 8:06:54 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
aiyobro posted...

e3 isn't for the general public anyway, it's for tech creeps mainly

Yeah maybe from 1996 to 1999

Now? That is no longer true...

You mean the time when it was open to the general public it wasn't for them, and now that it's closed off for only the press and those in "the loop" it is for them?
#27TerotrousPosted 1/23/2014 8:11:11 AM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Who ever thought that Nintendo Directs were a good idea? They mainly target Nintendo fans, people who probably already have a Wii U. It's literally preaching to the choir. Instead of reaching out to new gamers, they stay within the 'Nintendo circle' and accomplish nothing.

The thing is that other gaming sites watch the directs and then report on what was shown, so they still reach anyone who reads any gaming site. The only audience that they're not reaching is the audience that is too casual to go on gaming sites, who can only be reached via TV ads anyway.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#28Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 9:32:21 AM
Terotrous posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...
Who ever thought that Nintendo Directs were a good idea? They mainly target Nintendo fans, people who probably already have a Wii U. It's literally preaching to the choir. Instead of reaching out to new gamers, they stay within the 'Nintendo circle' and accomplish nothing.

The thing is that other gaming sites watch the directs and then report on what was shown, so they still reach anyone who reads any gaming site. The only audience that they're not reaching is the audience that is too casual to go on gaming sites, who can only be reached via TV ads anyway.

That's a lot of people who don't frequent gaming sites.
#29shoggothsnackPosted 1/23/2014 9:44:54 AM
Yeah, they're horrible. Who want's to watch a grown man (a ceo of a company no less) come out dressed like freakin' Luigi, and try and sell you on the merits of a gaming device. He must think the audience of directs is a bunch of eight year olds. How about actually being professional, and talking about a couple of games fans truly wanted. Then you don't have to pander to the lowest common denominator and dress up like a clown.