WiiU Lite: WiiU without the tablet

#51Heero0101Posted 1/22/2014 10:47:57 PM
Honestly if the compliant to getting rid of the tablet control is developers will just leave it high and dry is kind of a dishonest set up . Which developers are we talking about sounds like most third party aren't fighting to make games for the wii u . Next we have nintendo why would they get lazy on there own hardware and accessories. Of all the controllers from last gen and this gen the pro easily one the best controllers i go as far to say better then ps3,ps4 controller slightly better then 360 but not the one that just me though.
---
Get It In
#52donkeyjackPosted 1/22/2014 11:15:11 PM
I don't think the GamePad cost as much you guys think.
---
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob0ptt27X1qd7kg2o1_500.gif
#53a_fartn_SpartanPosted 1/22/2014 11:33:40 PM
donkeyjack posted...
I don't think the GamePad cost as much you guys think.

If forget where I heard it, but I'm almost certain it costs over $100 to make. I feel like some analysts figured out a rough estimate of what it costs and it was a little over $100, so we just round down. It's not that big of a stretch when you consider the 2DS $130. I mean the thing can play (almost?) every Wii and Wii U game on it. So in that sense it needs to have a lot of the same things that make it tick that portable systems have.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#54evoxpiscesPosted 1/23/2014 11:17:38 AM
The thing about the Wii U "tablet" is that it's both the Wii U's greatest strength AND it's biggest weakness. It's big, unncessary, and a lot people seem to think that tablet just an extension of the original Wii and not that i's a whole new console. However I think it has great potential. They could so amazing things with it if they wanted to. Also, I could honestly see some sort of "DS Player" like the Game Boy Player for the GCN, this could be an attachment for the Wii U that lets you play DS and 3DS games on the Wii U seeing as the Wii U basically has 2 screens. I'm not sure how well it would work but it's definitely doable. I DO think however that Wii U would've been much better off if it never had a tablet controller and just stuck with the Wii U pro controller. I would be all for a Wii U Lite.
---
3DS FC: 3668 - 8781 - 7188
#55godplaysSNESPosted 1/23/2014 11:19:15 AM
Dropping the Gamepad may at least put the price at 360/PS3 level
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#56Darth_ElusivePosted 1/23/2014 11:28:19 AM
IMO, Nintendo should drop the price to $150 or lower AND include the Wii U Pro Controller for free, that means also keeping the tablet controller.

They made a mistake and they are in a weak position now. To lure customers back, we need more incentive. Dropping the price but taking away the tablet means nothing. Only fools would fall for that.
---
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite
#57diggyfreshPosted 1/23/2014 11:32:44 AM
I love the gamepad. It's convenient for inventory menus and maps. Taking it out of the Wii U formula would be dumb. Plus, if you own a Wii U, then you'd know taking the gamepad out is not an option at this point.
---
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham Lincoln
#58VRX3000Posted 1/23/2014 11:35:52 AM
And then what?

Then the Wii U is just a system slightly above PS3. Why would any 3rd party make a game for it when the PS4 is out?

The gamepad is the only thing that makes this system stand out. Without it the Wii U is just underpowered and nothing else.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#59diggyfreshPosted 1/23/2014 11:41:45 AM
VRX3000 posted...
And then what?

Then the Wii U is just a system slightly above PS3. Why would any 3rd party make a game for it when the PS4 is out?

The gamepad is the only thing that makes this system stand out. Without it the Wii U is just underpowered and nothing else.

What sense does it make to remove the best feature of a system? The gamepad is the best thing about the Wii U. How would taking away the Wii U's strongest feature make it better?

This topic is lacking.
---
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham Lincoln
#60godplaysSNESPosted 1/23/2014 11:43:06 AM
diggyfresh posted...
VRX3000 posted...
And then what?

What sense does it make to remove the best feature of a system? The gamepad is the best thing about the Wii U. How would taking away the Wii U's strongest feature make it better?

This topic is lacking.

By making it cheaper. Look at how the Wii U has sold. The Gamepad may be what makes the Wii U "unique", but it hasn't made the Wii U a seller.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!