Well...EA finally said why they stopped making Wii U games

#151Tyronelio1Posted 1/23/2014 6:37:27 AM
also the Wii was always a couple hundred dollars cheaper then the xbox360 or ps3, hell you can even go pick on up for $20 bucks at eb games. (aus gamestop)
#152AiddonPosted 1/23/2014 6:38:35 AM
TaticalWarrior posted...
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?id=314090&mode=article

LOL. Excluding one of the best selling console ever, Nintendo always fails with consoles. >_>

How much BS.

you completely missed the entire point the author was making with that graph

Actually not. If you are complaining about how Nintendo is failing for not having a variety of fighters, stealth action games, military shooters and racing sims, you are being way too picky in ignoring that Nintendo's last console, one of the best selling consoles ever, and THE BEST SELLING CONSOLE FOR NINTENDO, higher than the very own NES. Wii did not have military shooters, and featured tons of "kiddie" games, and mainly, games for everyone (casual games).

Nintendo needs to change their way of philosophy? Considering the Wii, the console that smashed the "hardcore consoles", obviously not. If anything, being such a success during last generation just proved that, so much time after their start, Nintendo knows what to do. WiiU may fail now, but nothing is stoping Nintendo from picking it up or doing better next gen.

I would say if anything that kinda proves Nintendo should stop trying to appease the "hardcore" and just do what they did with the Wii: get more people into gaming itself. The problem with the "hardcore" mindset is that it's not really interested in expanding the gaming audience, it's only concerned with making as much money as it can off a user base that, while they spend more per capita for product, are far less numerous than the sheer numbers the broader audience has. If anything the "hardcore" have proven to be worthless, unreliable idiots
#153DrumguyPosted 1/23/2014 10:03:36 AM
DankAssSlurpee posted...
EA is one of the worst companies in America, who gives a **** if Wii U owners can't play their garbage games.

Um, people who enjoy sports games do....
---
The next person that says, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."
#154jillwarrenPosted 1/23/2014 10:40:36 AM
Drumguy posted...
DankAssSlurpee posted...
EA is one of the worst companies in America, who gives a **** if Wii U owners can't play their garbage games.

Um, people who enjoy sports games do....

Let's not pretend the EA makes the best sports games at all. Basketball and football have both been done (and still are being done) way better by 2K. EA shored up the NFL license, but after losing the NCAA one last year it is not beyond the realm of possibility to think that they could lose their strangle hold on the NFL one. Their MMA game was inferior in a wide variety of ways to the other ones on the market. I do give them credit for giving Quiddick ago though.

The point is that while EA makes lots of decent sports games, much of the strength from their games come purely from the licencing. Nintendo has made some pretty fantastic sports games themselves: a great soccer game, several great golf games, and several great tennis games.

I would think that people who enjoy sports games would be more concerned that EA is just milking them as opposed to constantly improving the games.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.