The only way to save Wii U is to slash the price and drop the controller screen

#11ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/23/2014 3:28:26 AM
The controller isn't even close to being an advantage. I don't even own a PS4, but I went and bought a DS4 controller to use on my PC, and its a really nice improvement over the previous pads. I was skeptical at first, until I got to hold the pad.

DS4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii-U pad.
#12TerotrousPosted 1/23/2014 7:22:17 AM
TerraPhantom posted...
A dramatically lower price would be a bigger advantage than the gamepad at this point.

It'd still be higher priced than the PS3 and have no advantage over it.

Removing the gamepad would also render many parts of the Wii U's design irrelevant, as much was structured to allow for the latency free transmission of video to the gamepad.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#13HayashiTakaraPosted 1/23/2014 7:23:40 AM
I don't know why I haven't blocked your trolling ass yet. I'll remedy that right now.
#14JackalPosted 1/23/2014 7:29:32 AM
They can drop the price but they can't, unfortunately, drop the gamepad.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#15vashtrichamPosted 1/23/2014 7:30:59 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
The controller isn't even close to being an advantage. I don't even own a PS4, but I went and bought a DS4 controller to use on my PC, and its a really nice improvement over the previous pads. I was skeptical at first, until I got to hold the pad.

DS4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii-U pad.

This the gamepad is not an advantage, just being different does not equal an advantage.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#16Mecha Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 1:43:39 PM
Terotrous posted...
Yeah, the best way to revitalize a struggling console is to cut out the one advantage you have over your competitors and hope for the best.

Controller screen is the ball and chain that's keeping Nintendo anchored underwater right now
---
http://i.imgur.com/iMNC6RU.jpg
#17diggyfreshPosted 1/23/2014 1:59:23 PM
Terotrous posted...
Yeah, the best way to revitalize a struggling console is to cut out the one advantage you have over your competitors and hope for the best.
Well it's worked in the past. Do you remember when the DS launched and it was a flop. Nintendo got rid of the second screen, and just went back to making single screen handhelds that cost $50, and N was successful.

Remember how when the 3DS launched and nobody bought it? Instead of supporting it with games, they just stopped making the 3D screen, lowered the price, and like magic it's now the #1 gaming device.

Cut the gamepad and just package in the pro controller. That's the ONLY way.
---
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham Lincoln
#18DeathSoul2000Posted 1/23/2014 2:02:10 PM
Mecha Sonic posted...
Terotrous posted...

Controller screen is the ball and chain that's keeping Nintendo anchored underwater right now

Yeah, no it isn't.
#19Ryan SiPosted 1/23/2014 2:55:05 PM
Slashing the price and dropping the GamePad isn't going to do anything but give Nintendo a small sales bump in the short term. It's not going to "save" the system.

The system's fate is set, it has no market outside of the most hardcore Nintendo fans. A small influx of owners isn't going to bring massive third-party support.
#20GEKGanonPosted 1/23/2014 2:58:58 PM
"The only way to save the Wii U is to lower the price by dropping the feature that makes it the Wii U."

NOOOOOOO.
---
Steam Name: gekganon