Should they stick with the WiiU or release a new console?

#1UmitenchoPosted 1/23/2014 6:49:10 AM
Topic.

On one end they can stick to the WiiU and hope that their first party games over the years start to reverse teh bad luck in sales but face the real threat of just alright failing this gen.

On another drop the WiiU(call it a Wii revision or something along the lines of the Gameboy Micro) and release a new console. It could fail like the WiiU and kill any confidence people have in Nintendo systems. Why buy a home console on day one if they are just gonna abandon it after a little under two years.

I wondering why Nintendo hasn't tried ocurting the indie developers since the 3rd parties are treating the WiiU like plague.
#2BonezWellPosted 1/23/2014 6:49:42 AM
This topic is NEW AND EXCITING!
---
''VITA NEWS: TEARAWAY already going GOLD; Game is already a success and it's not even out.'' - ServantOfErios: bias to the fullest.
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 1/23/2014 6:50:41 AM
Stick. With. Wii. U. God why is everyone so stuck on the idea of them ditching the U and making a new console? That will not help them, it will put them in an even worse position than they are already in.
#4Umitencho(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 6:53:09 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Stick. With. Wii. U. God why is everyone so stuck on the idea of them ditching the U and making a new console? That will not help them, it will put them in an even worse position than they are already in.

I agree with you. All it is gonna do is reward EA and those other idiots.
#5IVOPosted 1/23/2014 6:57:09 AM
They need some seriously better marketing. And games to market of course.
---
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/926/vuvw.jpg
#6Umitencho(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 7:58:13 AM
IVO posted...
They need some seriously better marketing. And games to market of course.

I think I saw one commercial for the WiiU. That is it. They need people on talk shows and all that crap and get the word out.
#7SgtSilockPosted 1/23/2014 8:05:07 AM
They bloody well better stick with the Wii U otherwise I will never purchase another nintendo console again. I only picked this up the other week!
---
You have to give to receive
#8MdodmodPosted 1/23/2014 8:19:35 AM
I think the Christmas season will be good for the Wii U.

People will hopefully be more educated on the system as the original Wii phases out, it'll be cheaper, and they'll have a library of games to support it (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, DK: Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros. 4 etc) .
#9Pharsti01Posted 1/23/2014 8:29:54 AM
People are talking about this as if its simple just releasing another system, as if it has no implications whatsoever and they can magically be built with the press of a button. Just think about this before posting nonsense like this.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#10trenkenPosted 1/23/2014 8:37:35 AM
Its not catching on. After an entire year and sales are still in the toilet, its obviously it was the wrong idea at the wrong time. You can bet they have something else in the oven, as they always do, but I think we will see it in 2-3 years, cutting the life of the U short, which Im sure at this point the suits at the top of Nintendo cant wait to do and get back to financial bliss. Theyve lost money for 3 straight years now. I think theyd like to start making some money.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero