Is it worth it to buy an 8GB WiiU for around $200?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is it worth it to buy an 8GB WiiU for around $200?
2 years ago#1
If I can buy it for almost $100 cheaper than the 32GB model, what am I missing out on? I have no plans to download full retail-sized games to the system. So will the 8GB hard drive fill up by only downloading eShop games such as Bit.Trip.Runner 2 and Trine 2?
Now Playing:Donkey Kong Country Returns, Majora's Mask, Shadow Man, TimeSplitters 2, Trackmania:Buid to Race
2 years ago#2
It is entirely up to you. If you want a Wii U and it is $200, then I say go for it. If you ever find the need to download games and run out of space, you can always attach a HDD for more storage space.
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4 [] 3DS FC: 1332-8208-3484
2 years ago#3
Where are you getting it from for $200?
2 years ago#4
Naw, wait a few months and they'll be $100.
2 years ago#5
I have an 8 gb Wii U and have Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Super Mario 3D World, and Wind Waker. It still has a ton of memory left...mostly because I have an 8 gb usb flashdrive in the back. The flash drive is about 1/4 filled with data and in the system harddrive is a little over 1/2 filled because of Hulu Plus, Youtube, and the MH3 Ultimate Packet Relay for 3DS apps. Hope this helps on the perspective on the amount of data taking up space.

Just a few things to note:
- Games don't install on the hard drive like the other systems
- However updates for games when you start up are installed to the device of your choosing (usb or hdd)
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
"Now that's strategy!" ;D
2 years ago#6
Id say if it works for ya and is cheaper go for it
~I'm gonna use it for Dinosaur things!~ Barry from Steam Rolled
http://www.backloggery.com/axlthered
2 years ago#7
I have a HDD with my 8GB white. Personally at this point, I would get a refurbished one from Nintendo for $250, and I believe some retailers are selling the Mario and Luigi bundle new for less than $300.

I think it was Buy.com.

Anyhow, it's up to you. If you want the system, I'd say go for it. I have like 12 games or so right now, some download, most retail.
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
2 years ago#8
sketchturner posted...
If I can buy it for almost $100 cheaper than the 32GB model, what am I missing out on? I have no plans to download full retail-sized games to the system. So will the 8GB hard drive fill up by only downloading eShop games such as Bit.Trip.Runner 2 and Trine 2?

Things you'll miss:

Free game
10% back on all digital purchases
The stands for the console and pad

Things you should note:

You'll need more space for more downloads
Updates take up near 5 gigs
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
2 years ago#9
the hard drive space is irrelevant, get an external harddrive and you get up to 1-4 terabytes, way way more than enough space for anything you want to ever do on the wii u.
2 years ago#10
The answer is, if you are considering getting a Wii U...HDD space shouldn't be your main concern.
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is it worth it to buy an 8GB WiiU for around $200?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived